The Certificate of Achievement program is designed for persons who wish to become Practical Nurses.
The program combines classroom experience on the Joliet Junior College campus with clinical experience in community health care facilities. A student who completes the program is awarded a Certificate of Achievement and is eligible to write the NCLEX-PN for licensure as an L.P.N. in Illinois.
What Certificate Will I Receive?
What Will I Learn?
The nursing program combines classroom, laboratory and clinical learning opportunities for students. The nursing program is very rigorous. Classroom and clinical time is approximately 18 hours per week with an additional 20 hours or more for preparation and studying!Nursing Students Achieve Near Perfect NCLEX First-Time Pass Rate
What is Unique About Our Practical Nurse (P.N.) Program?
- State-of-the-Art simulation labs.
- Save thousands of dollars.
- Joliet Junior College NCLEX-PN first-time pass rate in 2019 was 99 percent. By comparison, the national average in 2019 was 86 percent.
- Joliet Junior College works closely with local universities so graduates can make a seamless transition and complete their bachelor’s degree.
- According to RegisteredNursing.org, JJC's Nursing program is ranked one of the top 15 in the state of Illinois.
- According to PracticalNursing.org, JJC's LPN program is ranked #8 in the state of Illinois.
What Are My Career Opportunities?
- Licensed practical nurses provide basic nursing care and work under the direction of registered nurses and doctors.
- Licensed practical nurses work in a variety of settings, including nursing homes and extended care facilities, hospitals, physicians’ offices, and private homes. Most work full time.
- Employment of licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses is projected to grow 12 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations.
- The median annual wage for licensed practical nurse was $44,090 in May 2016. (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- 91 percent of our graduates are employed within 6 months of graduation.