We hope everyone is safe and healthy during this challenging time. Please refer to the guidance below on modified Bookstore operations. Please know that the JJC Bookstore has our customers' and employees' safety in mind.
The JJC Bookstore will continue to service the bulk of our sales online.
The Main Campus Bookstore opened to the public with limited capacity. Curb-side pick at Main Campus has ended for the semester. The Romeoville location is currently closed until further notice.
Due to COVID-19, the following rules apply at Main Campus:
- Customers must wear a face covering over their mouth and nose to be permitted to enter the bookstores
- Up to 12 customers will be allowed in the Main Campus Bookstore at one time
- Please not do expect to be served immediately and longer wait times are to be expected.
If you're stopping by to get your books, we ask that:
- Students have their schedule available as a printed copy or on a mobile device
- A photo ID is required for all financial aid and job grant purchases and all rental returns, refunds and exchanges. The bookstores will also process rental returns, fall refunds and exchanges
- At Main Campus, please use the refund window outside the store for rental return and refund services
All our policies are available on the Customer Service page. Buyback will continue to be virtual. See below.
Our textbook look-up tool will allow you to view prices and format choices for your materials before purchasing. You may also compare JJC prices with other online retailers by using our free online comparison tool at jjc.verbacompare.com.
For students who prefer e-books, browse our digital partner's e-book store at jjc.redshelf.com. E-books can provide students up to 60 percent off retail print prices.
Please place your orders at bookstore.jjc.edu. The JJC Bookstore accepts Financial Aid, job grants/vouchers, checks and major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express) as payment. Please carefully review your order options and terms and conditions when placing your oder.
For job grants/vouchers, please email a copy of your voucher to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2020 Textbook Rentals
Fall 2020 rental books will be due back on Dec. 11, 2020. On Dec. 16, rentals that have not been properly identified or have not been returned will be considered lost. A hold will be placed on student accounts with outstanding or unidentified/lost rentals.
Until further notice, use the rental return instructions below.
3 ways to return your rental:
- Tuck a piece of paper with your full name and contact email snugly inside the book for proper check-in. Use the book return bin outside the entrance of the Campus Center (A-Building).
- Come to the Main Campus location and use the refund and rental window to check in your rental. Please have your student ID number ready. Masks/face coverings over your nose and mouth are required on Campus.
- Mail the rental book to: JJC Bookstore, Rm A-1012, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431
Virtual Book Buyback
Due to COVID-19, book buyback will be virtual. Buyback will be conducted online until further notice.
Please visit our wholesale buyback partners:
Please Note: The JJC Bookstore is not operating these third-party sites and is not responsible for transactions including rental books accidentally sold at virtual buyback.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Stay safe and healthy.