JJC's small classes ensure students receive personal attention from our dedicated faculty, 80 percent of whom have a master's degree or higher. In addition, our affordable tuition means you can get a quality education without incurring huge amounts of debt.
Please refer to the Who Are You section of the Admissions page for instructions about requirements for admissions and registration procedures. After successfully submitting the online JJC application, you should print our confirmation page for your records. An acknowledgement email will be also sent to your personal email address.
Online Application Dates
- Fall 2020 application available on October 1, 2019
- Spring 2021 application available on September 1, 2020
- Summer 2021 application available on October 1, 2020
- Fall 2021 application available on October 1, 2020
Apply to JJC Now
Begin an online application or make changes to a previous application. The online application is for New Students, New Students with Earned College Credit, Former Students, and Veteran/Military Students.
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office, room A-1020 at Main Campus 815-280-2493, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Application Types
**Do not complete the above online application if one of the below application types pertains to you**
Undocumented or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Undocumented Students please contact Multicultural Student Affairs at 815-280-6709 or email email@example.com for assistance with the application process.
- DACA Students, if you do have an official assigned Social Security number please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION.
- Please refer to the "Undocumented/DACA Students" section in the Admissions Page for next steps after applying.
Dual Credit (High School Students)
If you are a Dual Credit Student please fill out a Dual Credit Application. Questions please contact the Dual Credit office at 815-280-6927.
International F-1 Visa Holders
If you desire to study in the U.S. under an F-1 visa, please refer to the International Students page for specific instructions about requirements for admission and registration procedures. Questions please call 815-280-2870
Special Admissions (Health & Science)
There are special admissions processes for Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Sonography, and Veterinary Medical Technology. For more information regarding these programs, visit the Admissions page and go to the Health and Occupational Science Students section.
If you are unable to complete an online application for any reason and need a paper application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-280-2493.
Once you have submitted an application, there are several other steps you should take to help you in the transition to college.
Username and ID
New students and applicants are provided free JJC student email accounts. For more information on how to obtain your JJC username, password and student ID number view the ID/username/password help page.
All first time, full time, students need to submit an official, sealed, high school transcript or high school equivalency (GED, HiSET, TASC) transcript to the JJC Admissions Office at Main Campus, room A-1020.
All reverse transfer students need to request your official transcript from the college(s) previously attended and send to: Joliet Junior College, Academic Credentials office, 1215 Houbolt, Joliet, IL 60431-8938.
Take Placement Tests. View Testing Services for more information on placement testing, testing centers, and testing resources.
Financial Aid and Bill Payment
New Student Presentation
All first time, full time students are required to attend a New Student Presentation session. You must have a JJC ID to register.
Student Advising Center
The Student Advising Center offers academic advising support and connections to other services to help students choose and complete their academic pathway
Students with documented disabilities should contact Disability Services to arrange accommodations.
Visit the Registration page to learn about signing up for classes and the registration process.
Support Programs and Services
Online Application Help
- All items indicated with an asterisk are required fields.
- Use the "back" button to navigate between screens and the "tab" key to navigate between fields.
- You will be required to use your social security number to apply. It is considered the best and most effective way to uniquely identify you for the purpose of accurately processing and maintaining your educational records. This number is restricted to internal college use in matching admissions applications with ACT and other test scores, financial aid, and maintenance of your academic record.
- You will only be allowed to submit ONE application per term. Additional attempts at submitting applications will be denied.
- Do NOT use "None" or "N/A" (not applicable) in completing field information. For example: If you do not have a middle name, just leave that field blank.
- If you have problems submitting the online application, email us at email@example.com for technical help.