No application fee is required.
This application is for students wishing to take advantage of the excellent educational opportunities at Joliet Junior College. Refer to the Who Are You section of the Admissions page for specific instructions about requirements for admission and registration procedures. Upon the successful submission of the online application you will receive a confirmation page that you should print a copy of for your records. A letter confirming your acceptance will be sent through the U.S. Postal system after your application has been verified and processed.
Applications that are saved to be completed at a later date will be available to access for 14 calendar days. After 14 calendar days, the application will be deleted and a new application will have to be re-entered and submitted.
Begin an online application or make changes to a previous application.
- Summer 2019 application available on October 1, 2018
- Fall 2019 application available on October 1, 2018
Undocumented/DACA students and International Visa Holders:
DO NOT complete the online application. Please follow the admission steps below.
Undocumented/Deferred action for Childhood Arrivals
If you are an undocumented/DACA please follow these instructions - Undocumented Application Information (PDF)
If you are an dual credit student please fill out a Dual Credit Application.
If you do not wish to submit an online application please download, complete, and mail or fax the PDF version.
Special Admissions (Health & Science)
There are special admissions processes for Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Sonography, and Veterinary Medical Technology. For more information regarding these programs, visit the Admissions page and go to the Health and Occupational Science Students section.
International F-1 Visas
If you desire to study in the U.S. under an F-1 visa, please refer to the International Students page for specific instructions about requirements for admission and registration procedures.
Please contact the Admissions Office, room A-1020 at Main Campus 815.280.2493, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have submitted an application, there are several other steps you should take to help you in the transition to college.
Username and ID
New students and applicants are provided free JJC student email accounts. For more information on how to obtain your JJC username, password and student ID number view the ID/username/password help page.
All first time, full time, students need to submit an official, sealed, high school transcript or high school equivalency (GED, HiSET, TASC) transcript to the JJC Admissions Office at Main Campus, room A-1020.
All reverse transfer students need to request your official transcript from the college(s) previously attended and send to: Joliet Junior College, Academic Credentials office, 1215 Houbolt, Joliet, IL 60431-8938.
Visit the Registrar page for more information. You may also call the Academic Credentials office at (815) 280-2803.
Take Placement Tests. View Testing Services for more information on placement testing, testing centers, and testing resources.
Financial Aid and Bill Payment
New Student Presentation
All first time, full time students are required to attend a New Student Presentation session. You must have a JJC ID to register.
Student Advising Center
The Student Advising Center offers academic advising support and connections to other services to help students choose and complete their academic pathway
Students with documented disabilities should contact Disability Services to arrange accommodations.
Visit the Registration page to learn about signing up for classes and the registration process.
Support Programs and Services
Online Application Help
- All items indicated with an asterisk are required fields.
- Use the "back" button to navigate between screens and the "tab" key to navigate between fields.
- You will be required to use your social security number to apply. It is considered the best and most effective way to uniquely identify you for the purpose of accurately processing and maintaining your educational records. This number is restricted to internal college use in matching admissions applications with ACT and other test scores, financial aid, and maintenance of your academic record.
- You will only be allowed to submit ONE application per term. Additional attempts at submitting applications will be denied.
- Do NOT use "None" or "N/A" (not applicable) in completing field information. For example: If you do not have a middle name, just leave that field blank.
- If you have problems submitting the online application, email us at email@example.com for technical help.