"Congratulations on your admission to Joliet Junior College! I'm glad you chose us to be a part of your journey toward pursuing your dreams. I want to make sure that your academic career at JJC is a successful one. Please follow the steps below and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Welcome to the JJC family!"
Robert Morris, Dean, Enrollment Management
To enroll in the classes that best fit your schedule, be sure to complete each numbered step in order, prior to general registration. *This information can be viewed on any PC or mobile device.*
Admitted Student Steps
MyJJC is where students view information that pertains to them including class schedule, important dates & deadlines and so much more. Your account is created 24-72 hours after applying to JJC.
Complete the New Student Presentation located in MyJJC (requires MyJJC username and password) so you can learn how to become a successful JJC student.
Do we have your most current official high school transcript or equivalency record (GED, HiSET, or TASC)? If not, please contact your high school and have transcripts sent to the Admissions Office (1215 Houbolt Rd, Joliet IL, 60431 or firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are still in high school, a current copy of your transcript will be accepted.
* These must be on file for appropriate math and science placement.
Have you completed placement testing and/or submitted your eligible scores to the Admissions Office? ACT and SAT scores can be submitted directly from the testing company. We will also accept Test Scores indicated on high school transcripts.Visit Testing Services for additional information regarding JJC placement exams and eligible scores (PDF).
Log into MyJJC to complete your remaining steps. Remember to complete the New Student Presentation and sign up for an Advising Session (requires MyJJC username and password)! Here you will meet with an Advisor to plan and register for your first semester schedule.
Are You a Parent or Supporter of a New JJC Student?
Complete the Parent and Supporter Presentation to learn about valuable resources and how to support your student.
Important Dates | 2019-2020
Please make a note of the recommended dates and deadlines. Students are eligible to enroll in classes after the suggested dates, but course availability may be limited.
Spring Classes (January 2020)
These are only recommended date ranges. Students can complete steps anytime within the application period. A limited number of Flex Start classes are available to enroll in after the semester starts.
- Application available: Sept. 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020
- Complete the New Student Presentation (online): September to November
- Placement Testing or submit appropriate scores: September to November
- Sign-up for Advising Session: September to November
- Registration for spring semester begins Oct. 21, 2019
- Financial aid priority deadline: Nov. 20, 2019
- Tuition due: Dec. 4, 2019 by 6 p.m. (tentative)
- Spring semester starts: Jan. 13, 2020
Summer Classes (May 2020)
- Application available: Oct. 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020
- Complete the New Student Presentation (online): October to February
- Placement Testing or submit appropriate scores: October to February
- Sign-up for an Advising Session: February to May
- Registration for summer sessions begins March 16, 2020
- Financial aid priority deadline: April 22, 2020
- Tuition due: May 6, 2020 by 6 p.m. (tentative)
- Summer session I starts: May 18, 2020
- Summer session II starts: June 8, 2020
- Summer session III starts: June 29, 2020
Fall Classes (August 2020)
- Application available: Oct. 1, 2019 to Oct. 31, 2020
- Complete the New Student Presentation (online): January to April
- Placement Testing or submit appropriate scores: January to April
- Sign-up for an advising session: April to July
- Registration for fall semester begins April 27, 2020
- Financial aid priority deadline: June 24, 2020
- Tuition due: July 8, 2020 by 6 p.m. (tentative)
- Fall semester starts: Aug. 17, 2020
Financial Aid Information
For summer financial aid eligibility be sure to complete the 2018-2019 free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
For Fall 2019 financial aid eligibility be sure to complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA.
Both applications are available on the FAFSA website. It is highly recommended that students complete the FAFSA as soon as possible.
- Summer 2019 Priority Deadline: April 24
- Fall 2019 Priority Deadline: July 1
Joliet Junior College Financial Aid Office offers workshops where you will receive assistance from a Financial Aid professional in filing your FAFSA. English/Spanish translators will be available.
Visit the Financial Aid page for more information and specific workshop dates and times.