- Every course has its own refund date and drop date. These dates are reflected on the student's schedule/billing notice or KIOSK printout. Students are responsible for knowing these dates.
- Drops, by all Registration methods, must be processed by the close of the business day.
- Refund dates vary according to the type and length of the course. Check with the Registration Office.
|Courses||For a 100% REFUND, must be|
|Meeting 7 or more weeks||Within the first 10 calendar days of the beginning of the semester|
|Meeting 6 weeks or less||First 2 calendar days of the beginning of the course|
|Specialized Programs* (e.g. EMS, **FSCI, NURS, VET, NA, CPR)||1 business day prior to start of the course|
|Community & Continuing Education Course Refund Policy - courses offered through Corporate and Community Services||In order to receive a refund, you must drop the course registration 3 calendar days prior to the start of the course.|
|Nurse Assistant (NA)||1 business day prior to start of the course|
*Specialized programs are programs that use selective admissions for making enrollment decisions. They include Emergency Medical Technician (EMS), **Fire Science Technology (FSCI), Nursing (NURS), Veterinary Medical Technology (VET), Nursing Assistant Skills (NA), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS).
**FSCI will be removed from the 'specialized programs' refund category beginning with 2017 Summer semester
A 100% refund will be given for any course cancelled by the college.
Calendar days include weekends. Business days are Monday - Friday only.
- If your refund falls on a non-business day your drop will be honored on the next business day.
- Refunds for short-term or specialized classes may vary; consult your schedule/bill.
- Non-attendance does not constitute a drop in a course nor qualify you for a refund.
- No refunds will be granted when a student is dismissed or suspended from the college for disciplinary reasons
- The college reserves the right to make the final decision on all refunds.
Drop After Refund
Students may withdraw from a course by processing an add/drop form during regular office hours through the Registration Office at Main Campus, Romeoville Campus, or by phone at (815) 744-2200. Please note the drop dates listed on your bill/student schedule. Every course has its own drop date.
Failure to withdraw properly may result in a failing grade or "F" in the course.
Tuition refunds are based upon the tuition refund timetable listed on the student schedule. Tuition refund can be considered after the refund date due to extenuating circumstances.
A general petition provides students the option to appeal for a late refund, tuition credit, and or a late withdrawal due to extenuating circumstances.
If extenuating circumstances exist a student may submit a General Petition Form. Extenuating circumstances may not include: Change of employment or work hours, transportation issues, vacations, incarceration, relocation, or moving.
An appeal does not always result in a refund. For consideration, the student must petition a request prior to the end of the term in which the late drop occurred.
Visit Office of the Registrar page for more information.