Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the JJC Grundy Workforce Services is open by appointment only as our staff is alternating working days. Please note that the Career Resource Room is closed.
Customers can call 815.942.0566 and leave a voicemail; this number will also accept messages for workforce staff, and your call will be returned within one business day. Workforce staff can also be reached via their regular phone numbers by also leaving a voicemail and waiting for a callback.
We are happy to make services available via technology to assist you with your ongoing job search – this includes phone calls to do resume reviews and career plans, Skype/FaceTime calls if you’d like to speak with staff face to face.
LAID-OFF DUE TO COVID-19? Interested in pursuing a high-demand training? Our local workforce area just received additional funding for dislocated workers. Please complete this training grant survey and one of our office staff members will contact you within the next 48 business hours to see if you can be eligible.
Building Business and Careers in Grundy County
Programs are supported by grants from the Grundy Livingston Kankakee Workforce Board. They are designed to meet both the needs of the communities' businesses and the needs of job seekers and those who want to further their careers.
All programs are Equal Opportunity Employer Programs, and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.
Employment and Career Services
Grundy Workforce Services provides job search and career services at no cost to job seekers throughout Grundy County. Our goal is to assist you in every aspect of your job search so that you can find self-sufficient employment. Training scholarships are available to job seekers who meet eligibility requirements.
Access a listing of Grundy County Area job opportunities and apply directly with employers. Check the job board regularly to view new job postings that are submitted by employers daily.
Employers schedule recruiting events at our office throughout the month to connect with job seekers and conduct on-the-spot interviews. Come prepared by dressing professionally and bringing an updated résumé.
Recruiting event listing available and updated regularly on the job board.
Our Resource Room offers a variety of services for job seekers who visit the office. No appointment is needed. Our friendly staff is ready to assist you!
Services include free computer usage for job searching or producing resumes and cover letters, free printing or copying for job search purposes, access to online job boards, job search and career information web sites, guidance on completing job applications, and referrals to community resources.
Through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), our office can aid qualifying individuals with assistance for education and training towards high growth, in-demand occupations. WIOA federal funding is designed to train people in short-term certificate or associates degree programs to make them more marketable for employment. Our office offers training scholarships to Grundy residents who meet eligibility requirements.
- Scholarships help cover the costs of tuition, fees, books, uniforms/tools necessary to train for careers that are in demand in Grundy County: Healthcare, Manufacturing, Professional/Financial/Information Technology, or Transportation/Distribution/Logistics.
- Grundy My Future Youth program is open to youth ages 16-24 who meet eligibility criteria.
- High school equivalency preparation assistance is available for youth who do did not graduate high school. Assistance includes paid pre-tests and tests along with tutoring.
- FREE occupational skills training, career assessments, academic advising, work readiness workshops, and paid-internship opportunities that lead to employment.
If you recognize yourself in any of the following scenarios, follow the steps to apply for the training scholarships or contact our office for guidance on applying.
- Laid-off, downsized, or company went out of business, and you need a new job
- Underpaid and/or job searching for a long time with little or no results
- Education or skills don’t match your career interest
- Self-employed for many years and now faced with looking for a new job
- Youth adult in need of high school equivalency, education or training beyond high school
How Do I Apply?
Complete the eligibility packet and gather the necessary documents of support.
IMPORTANT! These documents contain important information about your rights, responsibilities and/or benefits. It is critical you understand the information in this document and we will provide the information in your preferred language at no cost to you. Call (815) 942-0566 for assistance in the translation and the understanding of information in this document.
Call (815) 942-0566 to schedule an intake appointment and learn about your next steps.
Please fill out this quick survey to provide us with information to help serve your training needs.
Learn while you get paid! Work-based Learning (WBL) is available to scholarship recipients who are interested in expanding their skill set while earning income. WBL can be completed while or after ending training. A career planner will connect the student with an employer in their career choice to work for 3-6 months.
Job Readiness Workshops
We offer an array of workshops to assist job seekers with job search tools and readiness and explore various careers.
- How to Develop a Résumé: You will be provided with the tools to write an effective resume and cover letter.
- Interviewing Skills: Learn how to prepare for the job interview so you will be confident and ready to make an impression.
- Networking Business Cards: Utilize these "business cards" to provide critical career and contact information to people you meet in social and professional situations
- Communication Skills: Focuses on effective speaking and listening strategies as well as managing messages that are expressed non-verbally or through the use of technology
- Workplace Habits: Explores the skills and behaviors employers expect with regard to ethics and workplace culture
- Workplace Effectiveness: Offers theories and practical applications to time management, problem solving, and teamwork skills for the workforce
We aim to bridge the gap between local businesses and their potential employees. Today, employers are committing considerable time and resources to recruiting and interviewing. They need to quickly and correctly identify the knowledge, skills and abilities candidates have to help them be successful on the job. Employers, from small businesses to large corporations, will find that Grundy Workforce Services offers a convenient, cost-effective source for finding, training and keeping quality employees.
FREE Job Posting
Any job vacancies your business may have can be posted for free on our online job board that is viewed by a large number of qualified candidates. Please complete the online job order form below.
We have several rooms available for interviewing, training or recruitment purposes, such as, state of the art classrooms including two computer labs. Audio visual services include: podium, TV/VCR/DVD and multi-media projector. Please consider our office when you are planning your next job fair or recruiting event.
We will also support businesses in advertising their vacancies with free advertising via Facebook and our job seeker distribution list.
We offer an annual job fair in the spring in partnership with Joliet Junior College Career Services. To be added to the contact list, email Griselda Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grundy Workforce Services in partnership with local area employers provides work-based learning (for adults) and internship (for youth) opportunities for students currently in our training scholarship program. A career planner makes the connection with the student and the employer and schedules the paid-learning experience for 3-6 months. Students are able to work up to 28 hours per week while getting paid via scholarship funds.
We’re in your neighborhood! Our office is centrally located in Morris, IL at 725 School Street, Door 27 in the former Shabbona Middle School. Visit, email or call us to see how we can help you achieve career and employment success or if you are a business, meet your workforce demands.
- Sarah Hintze – Manager, Workforce Skills and Morris Education Center
- Griselda Martinez – Specialist, Programs and Grants
- Meg Barton – Workforce Development Coordinator
- Tabatha Greene – JJC Morris Education Center Resource Assistant II
- Sarah Hintze – Manager, Workforce Skills and Morris Education Center