Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, in-person appointments must be scheduled ahead of time. For emergency updates, visit our homepage. Please call (815) 942-0566 and we will be happy to assist you.
LAID-OFF DUE TO COVID-19? Interested in pursuing a high-demand training? Our local workforce area just received additional funding for dislocated workers. Please complete this training grant survey and one of our office staff members will contact you within the next 48 business hours to see if you can be eligible.
Building Business and Careers in Grundy County
Programs are supported by grants from the Grundy Livingston Kankakee Workforce Board. They are designed to meet both the needs of the communities' businesses and the needs of job seekers and those who want to further their careers.
All programs are Equal Opportunity Employer Programs, and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.
Employment and Career Services
Grundy Workforce Services provides job search and career services at no cost to job seekers throughout Grundy County. Our goal is to assist you in every aspect of your job search so that you can find self-sufficient employment. Training scholarships are available to job seekers who meet eligibility requirements.
Access a listing of Grundy County Area job opportunities and apply directly with employers. Check the job board regularly to view new job postings that are submitted by employers daily.
Employers schedule recruiting events at our office throughout the month to connect with job seekers and conduct on-the-spot interviews. Come prepared by dressing professionally and bringing an updated résumé.
Recruiting event listing available and updated regularly on the job board.
Our Resource Room offers a variety of services for job seekers who visit the office. Please call (815) 942-066 to make an appointment.
Services include free computer usage for job searching or producing resumes and cover letters, free printing or copying for job search purposes, access to online job boards, job search and career information web sites, guidance on completing job applications, and referrals to community resources.
Through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), our office can aid qualifying individuals with assistance for education and training towards high growth, in-demand occupations. WIOA federal funding is designed to train people in short-term certificate or associates degree programs to make them more marketable for employment. Our office offers training scholarships to Grundy residents who meet eligibility requirements.
- Scholarships help cover the costs of tuition, fees, books, uniforms/tools necessary to train for careers that are in demand in Grundy County: Healthcare, Manufacturing, Professional/Financial/Information Technology, or Transportation/Distribution/Logistics.
- Grundy My Future Youth program is open to youth ages 16-24 who meet eligibility criteria.
- High school equivalency preparation assistance is available for youth who do did not graduate high school. Assistance includes paid pre-tests and tests along with tutoring.
- FREE occupational skills training, career assessments, academic advising, work readiness workshops, and paid-internship opportunities that lead to employment.
If you recognize yourself in any of the following scenarios, follow the steps to apply for the training scholarships or contact our office for guidance on applying.
- Laid-off, downsized, or company went out of business, and you need a new job
- Underpaid and/or job searching for a long time with little or no results
- Education or skills don’t match your career interest
- Self-employed for many years and now faced with looking for a new job
- Youth adult in need of high school equivalency, education or training beyond high school
How Do I Apply?
Complete the eligibility packet and gather the necessary documents of support.
IMPORTANT! These documents contain important information about your rights, responsibilities and/or benefits. It is critical you understand the information in this document and we will provide the information in your preferred language at no cost to you. Call (815) 942-0566 for assistance in the translation and the understanding of information in this document.
Call (815) 942-0566 to schedule an intake appointment and learn about your next steps.
Please fill out this quick survey to provide us with information to help serve your training needs.
Learn while you get paid! Work-based Learning (WBL) is available to scholarship recipients who are interested in expanding their skill set while earning income. WBL can be completed while or after ending training. A career planner will connect the student with an employer in their career choice to work for 3-6 months.
Job Readiness Workshops
We offer an array of workshops to assist job seekers with job search tools and readiness and explore various careers. Currently, our in-person workshops are on hold, but check out our online offerings.
- How to Develop a Résumé: tools to write an effective resume and cover letter.
- Interviewing Skills: prepare for the job interview so you will be confident and ready to make an impression.
Check out our online workshops at your convenience!
- Remote Work - Tools for finding remote jobs
- Communication Speaking
- GWS Resume Workshop
- Get to Work - Find a job