Grundy Workforce Services provides job search and career services at no cost to job seekers throughout Grundy County. Our goal is to assist you in every aspect of your job search so that you can find self-sufficient employment. Training scholarships are available to job seekers who meet eligibility requirements.
Access a listing of Grundy County Area job opportunities and apply directly with employers. Check the job board regularly to view new job postings that are submitted by employers daily.
Employers schedule recruiting events at our office throughout the month to connect with job seekers and conduct on-the-spot interviews. Come prepared by dressing professionally and bringing an updated résumé.
Recruiting event listing available and updated regularly on the job board.
Our Resource Room offers a variety of services for job seekers who visit the office. No appointment is needed. Our friendly staff is ready to assist you!
Services include free computer usage for job searching or producing resumes and cover letters, free printing or copying for job search purposes, access to online job boards, job search and career information web sites, guidance on completing job applications, and referrals to community resources.
Through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), our office can aid qualifying individuals with assistance for education and training towards high growth, in-demand occupations. WIOA federal funding is designed to train people in short-term certificate or associates degree programs to make them more marketable for employment. Our office offers training scholarships to Grundy residents who meet eligibility requirements.
- Scholarships help cover the costs of tuition, fees, books, uniforms/tools necessary to train for careers that are in demand in Grundy County: Healthcare, Manufacturing, Professional/Financial/Information Technology, or Transportation/Distribution/Logistics.
- Grundy My Future Youth program is open to youth ages 16-24 who meet eligibility criteria.
- High school equivalency preparation assistance is available for youth who do did not graduate high school. Assistance includes paid pre-tests and tests along with tutoring.
- FREE occupational skills training, career assessments, academic advising, work readiness workshops, and paid-internship opportunities that lead to employment.
If you recognize yourself in any of the following scenarios, follow the steps to apply for the training scholarships or contact our office for guidance on applying.
- Laid-off, downsized, or company went out of business, and you need a new job
- Underpaid and/or job searching for a long time with little or no results
- Education or skills don’t match your career interest
- Self-employed for many years and now faced with looking for a new job
- Youth adult in need of high school equivalency, education or training beyond high school