Serving both degree-seeking students and professional technicians who want to upgrade their skills, our National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Master certified program offers an A.A.S. degree, as well as several certificates to prepare the student for success in a wide variety of industry careers.
What Will I Learn?
Students learn about every aspect of automotive service and repair in our state-of-the-art facility using modern equipment and technology. Students spend more than 500 hours repairing actual customer vehicles using school-owned tools, while gaining the valuable work experience employers find desirable.
What is Unique About Our Automotive Service Technology Program?
Students not only receive hands-on experience, but they will also finish the program with a professional skill set that is in high-demand by a variety of employers. Student become more detail-oriented and learn organizational skills, problem solving skills, and customer service skills.
Also, the program has transfer agreements with a number of four-year institutions for students to conveniently pursue a baccalaureate degree.
What Degree or Certificate Will I Receive?
- Automotive Service Technology, CAC
- Automotive Service Technology (Advanced), CAC
- Automotive Driveline Specialist, CCO
- Automotive Engine Performance Specialist, CCO
- Brake and Chassis Specialist, CCO
- Diesel Maintenance Specialist, CCO
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Specialist, CCO
What Are My Career Opportunities?
Automotive program graduates with A.A.S. degrees, and that are ASE Certified, will have many job opportunities working in automotive service facilities including dealerships and fleets. There are also many employment opportunities with manufactures as well as product service and support companies.
JJC Automotive Service Shop
Students in this program will gain hands-on, real world experience, working on customer vehicles in JJC's state-of-the art automotive service shop. The 18,000 square foot shop houses up-to-date automotive technology and equipment, four classrooms and several service bays that will help students develop in-demand skills for the workforce.
Get Your Vehicle Serviced
JJC students, faculty and staff can bring their vehicles to be serviced at the auto shop in the fall and spring semesters for a low cost. All vehicles must be a 2005 model year or newer. Cost includes parts and a $5 supply fee (no labor charges). Services offered include:
- Oil change and filter service
- Safety inspection (free with every oil change)
- Tire repair, balance and rotation
- Fuel, air and cabin filter replacement
- Brake inspection and repair
- Wheel bearing replacement
- Headlight restoration
- Coolant system repair and flush
- Light bulb/lamp replacement
- Wheel alignments (September)
- Intake gaskets
- Check engine light diagnosis
- Electrical diagnosis
- Power steering system repair
- Starter replacement
- Alternator replacement
- Replacement of belts and hoses
- Battery testing and replacement
- Air conditioning system repair (spring only)
To Book An Appointment
Call (815) 280-2229. Ask for Chris Bene or AJ Graf.