In addition to offering federal and state financial aid programs, JJC also awards scholarships funded by the Joliet Junior College Foundation. These scholarships address the needs of many different kinds of students and are awarded for various reasons, including academic standing, leadership, specialized talents, ethnic origin, financial need and many more.
How do I apply for scholarships?
- Review the following scholarship application materials:
- Many scholarships are “need based” and require completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- Complete your scholarship application at https://joliet.awardspring.com.
After you apply, continue to check your scholarship dashboard at AwardSpring to see if you were awarded a scholarship.
The scholarship application period for Spring 2019 has closed. Spring 2019 scholarships will be awarded by our scholarship committees by 1/14/2019. If you are awarded a Spring 2019 scholarship you will be notified through your JJC email, or you can check your dashboard through AwardSpring. The payment deadline for the Spring 2019 semester is December 5th. So, you will need to be paid in full or on a payment plan by December 5th to avoid the risk of being dropped for non-payment. Scholarships will be awarded in mid-January for Spring 2019. Also, please remember to follow up in AwardSpring to submit your thank you letters.
The scholarship application for Fall 2019 will open back up in mid-January, please check back and apply! The deadline to apply for Fall 2019 scholarships is May 1, 2019.
When can I apply for scholarships?
The scholarship application process is open twice per year, in January and October.
- To apply for scholarships that are awarded in the Fall Semester, the application process is open from mid-January until May 1.
- To apply for scholarships that are awarded in the Spring Semester, the application process is open in the month of October.
- When applying for scholarships, students must meet all criteria for each scholarship to be considered for that scholarship.
Undocumented Students: If you are an undocumented student, please contact the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (OMSA) for assistance with the completion of your personal financial statement. Visit OMSA in room A-1107 or call (815) 280-2829.
What do I do with a scholarship check that I received from a donor outside of Joliet Junior College?
Scholarship checks and all correspondence letters from external donors outside of Joliet Junior College must be brought to:
Main Campus, A-3027
Questions? (815) 280-2721 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Many outside organizations offer scholarships to individuals that are beneficial to pursue for additional assistance in paying for your education.
Scholarship Application Links
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- The ABC Fundraising Scholarship
- ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention, Inc.. Academic Scholarship
- All Things Dogs Scholarship
- American Muscle Automotive Scholarships
- Ampro Go! Scholarship
- Apriorit Scholarship for Computer Science
- ARBORjet Taking Root Scholarship Program
- Back to the Books Scholarship
- Best Laptop Ninja Scholarship
- BestMattressReviews.com Scholarship
- BigRentz Engineering Scholarship
- BlenderVersus Annual Scholarship Program
- Bonnie Tiegel Memorial Scholarship
- Bordner Scholarship
- Brauns Law Scholarship
- Capital Auto Auction STEM Scholarship
- Chase Rubin Scholarship
- CheapSeedBoxes Scholarship
- CIA Medical Scholarship
- Coffee Scholarship
- Culinary and Hospitality Scholarship Opportunity
- Cusabio Scholarship 2018
- Data Recovery Scholarship 2018
- Dealsscoop Scholarship
- Digital Media Scholarship
- Digital Roofing Innovations Scholarship
- Digital Savvy Scholarship
- Do Supply, Inc. Academic Scholarship
- Drug Lawsuit Source College Scholarship
- Drug Lawsuit Source Single Parent Scholarship
- Education.com Scholarship Program
- Empaxis Scholarship for Women in Business
- Fishkeeping World 2018 Scholarship
- FitnessTrainer.com Scholarship
- Five Star Car Title Loans Scholarship
- Friendly Dental Scholarship
- The Future is Female Scholarship
- Gaming Industry Scholarship
- Graphic Web Design Scholarship Program
- GREENMATCH Community Service Scholarship
- Greenway Carpet Cleaning Scholarship
- G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship
- Healthcare Scholarships
- HomeLight Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarship
- Humanitarian Scholarship Program
- The House Method Scholarship
- IAAP Education Foundation Scholarship
- Insignia Scholarship
- Kaplan Group Annual Scholarship
- Kendall Arts Guild- Russ Forrer Memorial Scholarship
- The KidGuard for Education Scholarship
- Laser Spine Institute Scholarship
- Les Dames d’Escoffier Chicago Chapter Scholarship
- Lucidchart Scholarship
- Lucidpress Scholarship
- Many Bidets Scholarship
- Mettl's Scholarship For Emerging Leaders
- Motor Era Scholarship
- My Perfect Plants Scholarship
- Pro Skills Basketball
- Redfin Scholarship
- Remembering a Life Scholarship
- Rentkidz Annual Scholarship
- Restaurant Accounting Service Scholarship
- Resume Writing Service Scholarship
- Reviewzy Creative Essay Scholarship
- RewardExpert Financial Wellness Scholarship
- SafeButler InsurTech Scholarship
- Savvy Shopper Scholarship
- Senvie Skin Care Scholarship
- Surety Bond Authority Scholarship Program
- Tripz.com Community Scholarship
- Uncommon Goods Art & Design Scholarship
- Vertex Scholarship
- Women in Auto Care Scholarship
- Women’s Excellence in Education – Scholarship Award
- WTS Junior College Scholarships
- ZIPRECRUITER Scholarship