In addition to offering federal and state financial aid programs, JJC also awards scholarships funded by the Joliet Junior College Foundation. These scholarships address the needs of many different kinds of students and are awarded for various reasons, including academic standing, leadership, specialized talents, ethnic origin, financial need and many more.
How do I apply for scholarships?
- Review the following scholarship application materials:
- Many scholarships are “need based” and require completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Visit our Financial Aid page for more information.
- Complete your scholarship application at https://joliet.awardspring.com.
After you apply, continue to check your scholarship dashboard at AwardSpring to see if you were awarded a scholarship.
The scholarship application period for Spring 2019 has closed. Spring 2019 scholarships will be awarded by our scholarship committees by 1/14/2019. If you are awarded a Spring 2019 scholarship you will be notified through your JJC email, or you can check your dashboard through AwardSpring. The payment deadline for the Spring 2019 semester is December 5th. So, you will need to be paid in full or on a payment plan by December 5th to avoid the risk of being dropped for non-payment. Scholarships will be awarded in mid-January for Spring 2019. Also, please remember to follow up in AwardSpring to submit your thank you letters.
The scholarship application for Fall 2019 will open back up on January 22, 2019 so please check back and apply! The deadline to apply for Fall 2019 scholarships is May 1, 2019.
When can I apply for scholarships?
The scholarship application process is open twice per year, in January and October.
- To apply for scholarships that are awarded in the Fall Semester, the application process is open from mid-January until May 1.
- To apply for scholarships that are awarded in the Spring Semester, the application process is open in the month of October.
- When applying for scholarships, students must meet all criteria for each scholarship to be considered for that scholarship.
Undocumented Students: If you are an undocumented student, please contact the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (OMSA) for assistance with the completion of your personal financial statement. Visit OMSA in room A-1107 or call (815) 280-2829.
What do I do with a scholarship check that I received from a donor outside of Joliet Junior College?
Scholarship checks and all correspondence letters from external donors outside of Joliet Junior College must be brought to:
Main Campus, A-3027
Questions? (815) 280-2721 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Many outside organizations offer scholarships to individuals that are beneficial to pursue for additional assistance in paying for your education.
Scholarship Application Links
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- The ABC Fundraising Scholarship
- ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention, Inc.. Academic Scholarship
- All Things Dogs Scholarship
- American Muscle Automotive Scholarships
- Ampro Go! Scholarship
- Angeline Gale Scholarship
- Antibodies-Online Scholarship
- A Place for Mom Senior Wisdom Scholarship
- Apriorit Scholarship for Computer Science
- Back to the Books Scholarship
- Best Laptop Ninja Annual Scholarship Program
- Beauty and Wellness Scholarship
- BluePay STEM Scholarship
- Bordner Scholarship
- Brauns Law Scholarship
- BrightStar Systems Future Technologies Scholarship
- Business Degree Scholarships
- Caitlin Wallace Memorial Scholarship
- Candere Scholarship
- Capital Auto Auction STEM Scholarship
- CDPAP Department of Edison HHC Educational Scholarship
- Chase Rubin Scholarship
- CheapSeedBoxes Scholarship
- CIA Medical Scholarship
- Coffee Scholarship
- Culinary and Hospitality Scholarship Opportunity
- Data Recovery Scholarship 2018
- Dealsscoop Scholarship
- Digital Media Scholarship
- Digital Roofing Innovations Scholarship
- Do Supply, Inc. Academic Scholarship
- Dr. Alex Lechin Scholarship
- DreamGo Scholarship
- EduBirdie Scholarship
- Education.com Scholarship Program
- Eltima Software Scholarship Program
- Empaxis Scholarship for Women in Business
- Extreme Terrain Student Scholarship Program
- FitnessTrainer.com Scholarship
- Gaming Industry Scholarship
- Graphic Web Design Scholarship Program
- Greenway Carpet Cleaning Scholarship
- G2 Crowd Entrepreneurial Scholarship
- Healthcare Scholarships
- Heaven At Home Care Scholarship Program
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- HomeLight Scholarship
- The House Method Scholarship
- IAA Foundation Scholarship
- IAAP Education Foundation Scholarship
- Illinois Hospital Research & Educational Foundation Scholarship
- Illinois Retired Teachers Association Foundation Scholarship
- Innovative Architects Scholarship
- Insignia Scholarship
- Just Fundraising Scholarship
- The KidGuard for Education Scholarship
- Laser Spine Institute Scholarship
- Les Dames d’Escoffier Chicago Chapter Scholarship
- Let's Play Cornhole Scholarship
- Lucidpress Scholarship
- Many Bidets Scholarship
- Motor Era Scholarship
- PFA Scholarships
- Photography Talk Scholarship
- Redfin Scholarship
- Remembering a Life Scholarship
- Rentkidz Scholarship
- Restaurant Accounting Service Scholarship
- The RNCareers Nurse Practitioner Scholarship
- The RNCareers Registered Nursing Scholarship
- Rover Scholarship
- Scooters 'N Chairs Scholarship
- Senvie Skin Care Scholarship
- SEO Advantage Scholarship Essay Contest
- SkyPrep Scholarship Program
- SleepDelivered.com Scholarship
- SOCU Member Scholarship
- Surety Bond Authority Scholarship Program
- Trench Drain Materials Scholarship
- Vacuum Stage Annual 2019 Scholarship
- ValueGamer's 2019 Scholarship
- Will County Center for Community Concerns Scholarship
- Women in Auto Care Scholarship
- Zonta International- Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship