- A full-time student load is a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Full-time students typically take 12-16 credit hours or about 5 classes.
- Registration for classes takes place in advance of each semester.
- JJC offers a 16 week fall semester, a 16 week spring semester, and a shortened/accelerated summer session.
- Most of our courses are 3-5 credit hours.
- An Associate degree requires an average of about 64 credit hours and it generally takes 2 years for full-time students to complete.
Steps to Apply for New Full-Time Students:
Complete a JJC application. There are special admissions processes for Nursing, Vet tech, Radiology, early entry students, high school leavers, dual credit, and those pursuing dual admissions. The applying processes for these are listed under "special admissions" on the students page.
Obtain your username and password by visiting the ID/username/password page.
- Submit an official, sealed, high school/GED transcript to the JJC Admissions Office in the Campus Center, room A-1020.
Note to students with foreign transcripts: To prove U.S. high school equivalency, you must have your foreign transcript evaluated. JJC only accepts World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) www.ece.org evaluations for review. Please have your evaluation translated to English -- can be general evaluation. In lieu of an evaluation, students may submit official transcripts showing they passed the U.S. General Education Development (GED) test.
4. Take the ACT COMPASS Placement Test. Visit The Academic Skills Center website to receive more information on the ACT COMPASS Placement test, testing centers, and testing resources.
5. Please go to the Next Steps page to continue the admissions process.