Academic Affairs at Joliet Junior College consists of dedicated deans, directors, faculty and support staff responsible for, and committed to excellence in learning and teaching.
The Academic Affairs Office provides leadership for instruction and academic support services and works with departments and programs across the college to ensure all standards required for accreditation, federal and state compliance and program licensure and certification are maintained.
This office also fosters partnerships needed to maintain transfer articulation agreements with colleges, universities and other organizations to ensure sustained student success. In addition, the Academic Affairs Office, through the Center for Excellence and through connections with the Human Resource Office, is responsible for providing training opportunities for faculty and staff to help assure that our students get the highest quality instruction and support.
The goals of Academic Affairs are:
- To promote excellence and innovation in curricula, instructional delivery and fiscal stewardship.
- To provide learning for faculty and staff to grow in subject matter expertise, pedagogical knowledge, technology integration, and ability to promote learning within a diverse student population.
- To create pathways for student opportunity and success through strong P-20 articulations, seamless business and industry partnerships.
- To promote cooperation and collaboration by fostering collegiality at all levels and in all academic departments through transparent communication and knowledge sharing practices.
The Academic Affairs Office also provides direct leadership for the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
Academic Excellence & Support
Applied Arts, Workforce Education & Training
Arts & Sciences
- English & World Languages
- Fine Arts
- Natural Sciences & Physical Education
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
Career & Technical Education
Nursing, Health & Public Services