**The IRS Data Retrieval Tool on fafsa.gov is not working at this time. Please visit the following link for more information:
Please visit the following links for more information about the changes to the 2017-2018 FAFSA:
* Note that 2017-2018 awards will not be available until fall 2017 registration begins.
As of May 10, 2015, you will need a Federal Student AID (FSA) ID to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. The FSA ID will replace your FSA PIN. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to fafsa.gov, nslds.ed.gov, StudentLoans.gov, StudentAid.gov, and teach-ats.ed.gov. Please click on the link below for instructions on how to create an FSA ID.
How to create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) username and password
2017-18 JJC Cost of Attendance.pdf
Standards of Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal Deadline Information:
The deadline date for appeals to be submitted is the Wednesday prior to the meeting. The Standards of Academic Progress Committee are scheduled to meet on the first Tuesday of every month.
For current semester reimbursement, the appeal must be submitted by the following meeting's deadline:
OCTOBER - FALL SEMESTER
MARCH - SPRING SEMESTER
JULY - SUMMER SEMESTER
Please contact the Financial Aid/Veterans Office if you have any questions or concerns.
: MAP GRANT UPDATE
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All 2017-2018 MAP grants for eligible students with initial FAFSA receipt dates on or after January 16, 2017, remain in suspense status. Students should still complete the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to be considered for Federal Pell Grants and student loan eligibility
As you may be aware, Illinois has continued its struggle to approve a state budget into 2017, which has negatively impacted a variety of state-funded services and systems such as the Monetary Award Program (MAP) for which you may be eligible. This message is meant to keep you up-to-date with how the college is dealing with this situation and to reaffirm that your continued success at JJC is incredibly important.
Without a resolution to this situation, the college does not have the funds required to advance the currently unfunded State of Illinois Map Grant for Fall 2016 or Spring 2017.
As you know, MAP grants are limited based on the number of applicants and funding levels appropriated by the Illinois General Assembly. With the fiscal uncertainty at the state level, it is important that you know a delay in MAP disbursement or a cancelation of your estimated MAP award could occur due to this situation.
FALL 2017 IMPORTANT FINANCIAL AID DEADLINE
Please check your JJC student email account/eResources for a list of required documents to complete your 2017-2018 financial aid file. You must submit requested documents to the Financial Aid Office by the priority deadline, June 29, 2017, to ensure processing before the fall 2017 payment due date.
PLEASE NOTE: Students who are unable to meet the June 29, 2017 deadline are encouraged to complete their financial aid file, but are responsible for payment of their classes by the payment due date.
If you have not completed your 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFA), please do so by visiting www.fafsa.gov.
Examples of How Complete Withdrawals Can Affect JJC Students
- If you completely withdraw before school starts or during the refund period, you must repay the amount of your Pell Grant that was used as part of your book voucher. You may return the books to reduce the amount you owe, according to the bookstore refund policy.
- If you withdraw after the refund period but before the 60% point in the term, Joliet Junior College will use the Title IV Refund policy to determine how much aid you have earned as of your last date of attendance. You may owe JJC for your tuition depending on the amount and type of other aid you have.
- If you withdraw after the 60% point in the semester, you will have earned all of your financial aid and there will be no liability by you or JJC.
Paying for College -
The College Scorecard -
Important Information Regarding Communication for from the Financial Aid/Veterans Office
All correspondence will be conducted utilizing eResources and JJC student email account. It is important that you check eResources and your JJC student email account frequently so you do not miss any pertinent information.
Information that will be sent electronically includes: Missing Information Notifications, Award Notifications, and Standard of Academic Progress Notifications.
- If you do not have a JJC student email account, please complete an online Admission application.
- If you have been assigned an email account, but do not know your username and password, check your JJC email.
Additionally, you may check your current missing information status on eResources, and then choose "My Documents".
Haven't completed the FAFSA yet?
Review the Financial Aid Checklist.
Already submitted the FAFSA?
Once the results of your FAFSA have been received by our office, you will be able to log in to eResources to access information regarding your financial aid file.
Verification policy and procedures
Any student may be selected for verification by the federal government or the Financial Aid Office. At Joliet Junior College all students selected for verification are required to submit documentation in order for this process to be completed. The verification process allows JJC Financial Aid/Veterans Office to review the information reported on the FAFSA, checking for accuracy against documents provided by you.
If you have not received the results of your FAFSA application, check the FAFSA Web site or call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at (800) 433-3243.
Student Self Service
The Student Self Service site will enable students who have been authenticated through JJC eResources to have direct access to perform a range of activities, including:
- Viewing electronic deferments or notification forms sent to student lenders.
- Printing proof of enrollment verification certificates.
- Viewing real time loan information.
- Viewing enrollment information held by the Clearinghouse provided by JJC.