In keeping with the college's mission, the Department of Adult Education and Literacy (DAEL) provides the tools, resources, instruction, and support necessary for students in the JJC community to achieve their individual, academic, and employment goals.
DAEL is the primary provider of adult education instruction, support, and transition programs and services within the JJC District. Adults 16 years and older who have not completed high school, who need to brush up on reading, writing, or math skills for further education/training, and/or who are not native English speakers/writers are eligible.
Programs and services include:
- GED preparation (English and spanish), i-Pathways (GED online preparation), GED tutors
- high school credit, Early School Leavers Transition Program
- COMPASS test preparation
- Basic skills reviews
- College and career transition services
- Academic and career advising
- English as a Second Language, and citizenship preparation
- Literacy tutoring
- Volunteer literacy tutor training
The Joliet Junior College Department of Adult Education and Literacy can open the doors to a brighter future for you and your family with programs designed to meet your needs.
Empowering individuals and enriching the community through adult education, support programs and services that promote goal attainment, civic engagement, and global awareness.
For the purpose of compliance with Section 511 of Public Law 101-166 (the Stevens Amendment). Federal funds provide approximately 27% of the support for these programs.