Veterinary Medical Technology admissions information can be requested from the Admissions Office, A-1049. Call Linda Brodnicki (815) 280-2247 or email email@example.com for program information.
- Complete a JJC Application for Admission
- Read the Veterinary Medical Technology Program Admissions Policy and Procedure manual (PDF)
- Online application for the Veterinary Medical Technology Program to be completed by applicant.
- Submit an official* high school transcript and/or GED test scores by downloading and completing a transcript request form. High school transcripts are required even if you have already earned a college degree.
- If you are seeking transferred credit from colleges attended, submit an official transcript to the Office of Admissions.
- Send a completed transcript evaluation request form to Joliet Junior College's Office of Admissions if there are college transcripts that need to be evaluated for credit from other colleges
- Submit verification of 100 hours of work experience done while under the supervision of a veterinarian. Use the Veterinarian Recommendation form. Form to account for the hours. This same form needs to include a veterinarian's brief written recommendation and signature. In place of 100 hours of veterinary work experience an applicant can complete AGRI 119 - Orientation to Veterinary Technology with a grade of "C" or better.
- Take the ACT COMPASS Placement Test.
- Once the applicant is accepted for entry into the Veterinary Medical Technology program, a notification will be sent in late spring or early summer inviting you to attend a required orientation program. This program will provide you with academic, professional and employment expectations within the profession. This pre-professional orientation is offered as a final individual self-evaluation tool for prospective candidates.
*An official transcript is one bearing the school seal or letterhead from the issuing institution, which is then mailed in a sealed envelope directly to the Joliet Junior College Office of Admissions from the sending institution.
- Investigate financial aid and scholarships at the paying for college page.
- Go to the ID / user name / password help page and obtain your JJC username and password.
- When COMPASS testing is complete and students with previous college credits have received their JJC Transfer Credit Evaluation, you must make an appointment with a Veterinary Medical Technology advisor to plan for the program. Call (815) 280-2746 to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
- Register for courses.
- Make full payment or apply for deferred payment online through the FACTS plan at eResources.
- Purchase your textbooks at the JJC Bookstore.
- Students with documented disabilities should contact Student Accommodations and Resources (STAR) to arrange accommodations.
- Visit the next steps page for more information concerning the registration process, counseling and advising, student housing, and more.
The Office of Admissions will acknowledge receipt of your application and indicate any missing items. A student's file will not be reviewed until all of the above-mentioned paperwork is received by the Office of Admissions. Acceptance into the program is considered in chronological order by the completion date of the student's file.
Additional information about Vet-Tech Program can be found at the Veterinary Medical Technology Program Web site or email VeterinaryTechnologyAdmission@jjc.edu.