An international student must provide the following documentation to the
international DSO in the Admissions Office for a Form I-20 from JJC:
- Submit a completed international student application.
- Provide proof of English proficiency (see below)
- Provide evidence of financial support
- Provide official high school and college transcripts evaluated in English at
the student’s expense by World Education Services or Educational Credential
Evaluators at www.wes.org or www.ece.org.
- Submit a clear photocopy of his/her passport and the Form I-94, if student
is in the U.S.A. Passports must be valid for at least six months, after clearing
his/her Port of Entry.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure all documents arrive in the JJC
Admissions office prior to the deadline for the semester desired.
|Semester||Deadline: New Student||Deadline: Transferring F-1 Student|
|Fall Semester (August - December)||June 1||July 1|
|Spring Semester (January - May)||November 1||December 1|
|||INTENSIVE ENGLISH||ACADEMIC LEVEL|
|TOEFL||45 iBT||74 iBT|
|IELTS||5.0 Overall Band Score||6.5 Overall Band Score|
|ACT Compass||Placement into ENG 078 & ENG 088||Placement into ENG 101|
For tuition rates, access the international student admissions website at www.jjc.edu/info/international. International students pay the out-of-state tuition rate per credit hour. Joliet Junior College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students.
- All prospective students must submit financial documentation certifying access to funding for the duration of their studies pursuant to 8 CFR § 214.2.
- A student and his or her sponsor must submit (in English language), an official original bank letter on bank letterhead certifying the account holder’s name, date account was opened, type of account, current balance in U.S. dollars, and date of statement. The bank account being used for evidence of financial support may be in the sponsor’s name and must be notarized. Proof of Financial Support SAMPLE.pdf
- If the student has a sponsor: Complete the Affidavit of Support found with the JJC International Application. If a student is completely self-funded, the Affidavit of Support is not needed. Affidavit.pdf
- Certification must show available liquid funds for first-year expenses at JJC; exclusive of travel expenses. Certification of funds must be dated within 90 days of issuing the I-20.