About Dual Credit
The Dual Credit program is a partnership between Joliet Junior College and area high schools and career centers. This program allows students to earn high school and college credit upon successful completion of a dual credit course.
Benefits of Dual Credit
- As a dual credit student you are also a JJC student! You can obtain a JJC student ID card at the Main Campus Photo I.D. Services or the Romeoville Campus Resource Center. There are many benefits to having a JJC student ID card.
- Reduces overall college costs. Joliet Junior College dual credit courses are offered at no cost to the student if they are taught by an approved high school instructor because tuition as fees are waived.
- Speeds up the time to college degree completion. Dual credit students will complete their degrees in less time.
- Enhances the curriculum for high school students. The addition of college coursework to high school curricula expands the options available to high school students while adding college level rigor.
- Facilitates the transition between high school and college. Dual credit courses help prepare students for the transition to college by engaging them in college level work and developing pathways to degree attainment.
- High school students are able to obtain college credit prior to graduation.
- Students enjoy the convenience of taking JJC dual credit courses within their high school daytime schedule.
- Dual Credit courses are transferable JJC courses. The student will receive a JJC transcripted grade upon completion of their dual credit course. For additional information about transferring credit please refer to itransfer.org.