Welcome to Joliet Junior College's Culinary Arts Web site. This site is geared toward prospective and current students, whether they are deciding which school they will attend or seek information on programs and events.
Prospective students should know that JJC's Culinary Arts Department offers the Chef for a Day program, where high school students and interested individuals can attend the program for a day to experience what it is like to be a culinary arts student. This experience will allow the participant to see first hand what training for successful employment in the food service industry entails.
View the video "America's Restaurants: Industry of Opportunity", which showcases what restaurants do for our country.
Here are some of the Culinary Arts accomplishments!
- Competition Team took home 1st place gold medal and title of ACF Top Culinary School Team in America!
- Student Aaron Guajardo III won top honors as 1st place gold medal recipient and title of ACF Top Culinary Student in America
- Gold medal and the 2011 ACF Student Culinarian for the Central US!
- Gold medal and the 2011 ACF Junior Hot Foods Culinary Competition Team for the Central US Competition!
- Gold medal for the 2011 Culinary Knowledge Bowl in the Central US Competition!
- Chef Andy Chlebana won top honors and 1st place in the nation at the National Showpiece Championship in Atlanta, GA!
- Chef Kyle Richardson was inducted and sworn in to serve as the ACF's Vice President for the Central US!
- Chef Michael McGreal was awarded the Presidential Medallion at the 2011 National ACF Convention!
- Pastry Instructor Chef Andy Chlebana competed and won $10,000.00 on the Food Network Sugar Challenge!
- Chef Tim Bucci is a member of Team USA for the U.S. Culinary Olympic Team!
- The Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Department welcomes Assistant Professor Chef Paul Bringas as our newest member of the culinary faculty!
- Chef Andy Chlebana and lab assistant Stacey Lyons competed in the pastry and showpiece competition in Indianapolis, IN. and won 1st place and gold medal.
- Chef Michael McGreal is appointed as the ACF Central US Liaison for the First Lady's Chefs Move to Schools Initiative.
- March, 2012 JJC Culinary Competition Team wins gold medal and 1st place in state of Illinois! The team will compete in April for the ACF Central US Championship!
- Chef Tim Bucci will be competing on the American team in the World Culinasry Olympics in Erfurt, Germany, in October 2012.
- Chef Andy Chlebana earned a spot on the American team that will compete in the Coupe de Monde de la Patisserie, or World Cup of Pastry, in Lyon, France in January 2013. American Team earned 4th place in the world!
- JJC Culinary Competition Team won gold medal and first place in the state of Ohio competition.
- Pastry Chef Andy Chlebana & Team USA took 2nd place (gold) in the Dubai Hospitality World Championship culinary competition this past November, 2013 in Dubai.