In order to graduate, make sure you meet all of the graduation requirements then follow the steps below:
- Complete the online application for graduation.
- All graduation correspondence will be sent to your JJC email account regarding your graduation status.
- Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing application.
Most delays in processing graduation applications are caused by the applicant not applying for the correct degree. Check with an adviser, counselor and/or college catalog to determine the correct degree.
In order to be awarded a JJC degree or certificate, you must apply for graduation and adhere to the deadlines for the month in which you wish to graduate.
- May 2016 application deadline: March 24, 2016
- August 2016 application deadline: July 7, 2016
- December 2016 application deadline: October 31, 2016
JJC commencement ceremony is held once a year in May. Applicants graduating in August and December may choose to participate in the May ceremony if they desire.
Cap and Gown Information
Beginning January 11, 2016, you will be able to order your cap and gown online.
Your cap and gown will be delivered to your home.
Caps and gowns will no longer be available for pick up on campus.
Deadline date to order: April 21, 2016
If you already have a cap and gown from a previous ceremony at JJC and
would like to participate this in this year's ceremony, you must contact the
Graduation Office or you will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
The Spring 2016 commencement will occur at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 13, 2016 at
Lewis University's Romeoville Campus in the Student Recreation & Fitness Center Field House.