Proctoring Services are available to non-JJC students who must complete a proctored exam for their school or employer. Review the information below to learn more about this service, as well as the registration process, photo identification requirements, fees, locations, and accommodations.
The JJC ASC provides proctoring services for paper- and computer-based testing.
The JJC ASC does not have the ability to download the Respondus program, or any lockdown browser, from other institutions. Alternatives to this method include providing a paper/pencil copy or securing the exam with a password instead of the lockdown browser. Testers may not bring in laptops or other electronic devices. The JJC ASC does not have the capability to provide a 1:1 ratio of proctors to testers.
Follow the steps below to register for proctoring services at a Joliet Junior College Academic Skills Center location.
- Contact your educational institution or employer about having your exam(s) proctored at the JJC ASC, and direct your educational institution or employer to complete the Proctoring Services Submission Form. Upon submission of this form, the tester, submitting institution, and JJC ASC will receive separate confirmation emails.
- Once this email has been received, contact preferred JJC ASC location to schedule exam(s).
- Arrive at your scheduled location 10 minutes before your exam with your photo identification, and $25 for the Academic Skills Center Proctoring Services administrative fee.
Photo Identification Requirements
Appropriate photo identification is required.
Examinees must provide photo identification including a name and picture. The JJC ASC will always defer to educational institution or employer photo identification requirements. In the absence of those requirements, the JJC ASC will adhere to the following photo identification requirements. Photocopies or reproductions are not acceptable. Preferred photo identification options include, but are not limited to:
- U.S. State Picture Driver's License
- U.S. State Picture Issued ID Card
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Military Picture ID
- Federal Picture ID
- Alien Registration Card
- Any other current, government-issued picture ID (This form of identification may be issued by any government.)
- Company Identification
- Police Identification
- Other Institutional Identification with name and picture
- JJC School ID
- Other School ID with name and picture
Proctoring Services fees are subject to change.
Examinees will pay a $25 administrative fee per exam to the Academic Skills Center.
This testing is available at Main Campus, Romeoville Campus, and City Center Campus.
- Academic Skills Center (A-1138 in Campus Center)
Joliet Junior College – Main Campus
1215 Houbolt Road
Joliet, IL 60431
815-280-2261 or 815-280-2284
- Academic Skills Center (RMA-1039)
Joliet Junior College – Romeoville Campus
1125 West Romeo Road (West 135th Street)
Romeoville, IL 60446
815-280-7785 or 815-280-7786
City Center Campus
- Academic Skills Center (JCTR-6002)
Joliet Junior College – City Center Campus
235 North Chicago Street
Joliet, IL 60432
815-280-1301 or 815-280-1302
Any examinee who has a documented disability affecting his or her ability to sit for the test should be accommodated appropriately during the administration of any Proctoring Service.
The Examinee must request testing accommodations from their educational institution or employer.
Last updated on November 9, 2017.