Student Employment Information
The Student Employment Program offers many different on-campus student employment opportunities across many different disciplines. From IT Service Desk to Nursing Simulation Lab to Admissions Tour Guides, student employees are a vital part of Joliet Junior College’s day-to-day operations. Working on campus offers more than just a paycheck and a short commute. It’s an opportunity to gain experience which will prepare you for your future career. As with any other job search, landing an on-campus job is a competitive process. Need support along the way? That’s what we’re here for!
Please email Katie Bond, Student Employment Specialist, for more information at email@example.com.
To view and apply to on-campus jobs, visit the JJC Employment page.
Student Employment Eligibility
- Must be a current JJC student.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at JJC per semester.
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress (minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA, not on academic probation and in good standing at JJC).
- May not work as a part-time JJC employee, JJC Intern, or a student worker at the same time.
- Student employees may have more than one on-campus position, but cannot work more than a total of 20 hours per week.
Benefits of Student Employment
- Location - Working on campus is very convenient to your classes and may eliminate extra commute time.
- Flexible schedule - Campus employers recognize your status as a student is first and foremost and will work with you to create a work schedule around your classes.
- Academics - Studies show that students who become actively involved on campus tend to be better at managing time and responsibilities which has a positive impact on academics.
- Connections - You will have a chance to network and form meaningful relationships with other students, staff, and faculty.
- Experience - Achieve real-world experience in a variety of areas, possibly within your major, which will look great on your resume!
- Money - Earn additional income to help pay your expenses while you pursue your education.
Federal Work Study (FWS)
- Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federal student aid program which provides part-time job opportunities to students who demonstrate financial need. Remember to complete a FAFSA application on the JJC Financial Aid website.
- The Financial Aid Office determines who is eligible for FWS. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if the FWS award does not appear on your Financial Aid Award letter to determine if you may be eligible for this program.
- FWS students are paid through the college with federal funds every two weeks.
- Students who are not eligible for FWS may also work as student employees and are paid with college funds.