Join us for the nationally recognized Major Exploration Fair!
Date: Wednesday, November 6, 2019
What is the Major Exploration Fair?
Choosing the major that is right for you can be a difficult decision. The Major Exploration Fair will give you all the information you need, all in one place, to help you make the very best choice.
Attending the Major Exploration Fair can help you choose a major and field of study. It can also help if you've already selected a major, but need assistance exploring appropriate careers and professions, or selecting a transfer school.
At the Major Exploration Fair, you will meet faculty representatives from various JJC academic departments and support services, accomplished alumni and industry professionals, and representatives from nearby four-year institutions – for a unique 'one-stop-shop' experience.
Don't forget the FUN! Snack on some free popcorn, take a picture in our 'career' photo booth, and complete an evaluation for your chance to win awesome prizes!
During the event, post pictures on social media using #gotamajorjjc and you could win big! Raffles each hour!
Who Will Attend the Fair / Registration
JJC Faculty and Program Advisors
Attend the Major Exploration Fair to speak with faculty members and program advisors from all of JJC's degree and certificate programs.
JJC Faculty: Register your department/program
Meet JJC graduates who have completed programs you may be interested in and can answers question about life after JJC. Alumni will be available at various program tables to answer your questions and share their success stories. Learn about the schools they transferred to, where they are working, and get some great advice from someone who has been in your shoes.
If you are an alum interested in participating in the event, email email@example.com.
Four Year Colleges & Universities
Students interested in transferring to a four-year college or university will have an opportunity to speak with several of them at the Major Exploration Fair. Below is a list of our 2018 participants:
- Ashford University
- Aurora University
- Chicago School of Psychology
- Concordia University Chicago
- DePaul University
- DeVry University
- Eastern IL University
- Elmhurst College
- Governors State University
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Illinois State University
- Kansas State University
- Lewis University
- Life University
- North Central College
- Northeastern IL University
- Northern IL University
- Olivet Nazarene University
- Purdue Northwest
- Robert Morris University
- Roosevelt University
- School of Art and Design
- Southern IL University and Extended School of Learning
- St Xavier University
- University of St Francis
Navigating the Fair
- Pick up term-by-term guides for the programs you are interested in
- Ask what courses are required for these programs, how long it will take to complete these programs and if there are any field-related clubs or professional organizations you can join at JJC
- Investigate at least three majors or careers you are interested in
- Ask about job opportunities and salary expectations
- Ask if you will need a bachelor's degree to work in these fields
- Identify at least three colleges or universities that you would like more information about
- Determine application deadlines, GPA requirements, foreign language competencies and available transfer scholarships and fee waivers
Start Your Journey
Find Your Pathway
- Visit the Career Services Center to learn more about your programs or majors of interest and the career planning process. Call Career Services at 815-280-2756, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Campus Center A1175 to make an appointment
- Meet with a First Year Advisor who will help you get acclimated to college life and learn about all the support services to help you along the way. Call 815-280-6777 or visit A1155 for an appointment.
- For general counseling and advising, call counseling at 815-280-2673 or stop by Campus Center A1155 to make an appointment.
- Enroll in courses required for your JJC degree program
- Visit and apply to your selected four-year colleges and universities
- Tell us your story! If the Major Exploration Fair was helpful to you, email your story to email@example.com