This program covers all modules of the Basic Operations Firefighter Certification and includes completion of the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal certification exam.
This internship can be applied toward a Fire Science Technology degree (AAS). Most pre-requisites can also be applied to an Emergency Medical Services degree (AAS).
Qualifications for Acceptance:
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Approval of the fire science coordinator
- Current Illinois EMT basic licensure
- There are a variety of paths to enter the BOF Internship Program. Please contact the program adviser at 815.280.2356 for more information.
- An Illinois state criminal background check free of misdemeanors or felonies
- Successful completion of an NFPA approved physical exam and drug screening
- Successful completion of a physical agility test (Provided as part of the application process)
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to work in a team
Application deadline is September 1 each fall.