Step 1 - Review Procedure
Joliet Junior College Procedure for General Petition
General Petition appeals are not always granted
Purpose: To provide students the option to appeal for a late refund or a late withdrawal
due to extenuating circumstances.
Extenuating circumstances may include student illness, death in immediate family
(spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent), or call to active duty. May not include: change
of employment or work hours, transportation issues, vacations, incarceration, relocation, moving, or child care related issues..
The Refund Policy and Withdrawal Policy can be found in the Joliet Junior College catalog.
To Apply for a Petition a Student Must:
- Drop the course(s) for the semester you are appealing.
- File the appeal prior to the end of the term in which the request is initiated.
Appeals received after this date will not be considered.
- Late withdrawal requests should be made before final grades are posted.
- Submit your online General Petition form - you will receive a confirmation that
your appeal was received.
- Print the confirmation screen and attach the following:
- Supporting documentation relevant to your appeal
Medical documentation must be on physician's letterhead.
- Send this information to the Registrar, Room A-1020, Joliet Junior College, 1215
Houbolt Rd. Joliet, IL 60431, or, fax to 815-280-6675, attn: Registration within ten (10) business days,
- You have ten (10) business days to submit this documentation. If documentation is not
received by the deadline, your appeal will be denied.
- The decision of the petition committee is final and cannot be appealed.
- Notification of the committee decision will be sent to your JJC email account on file.
To apply for a Late Withdrawal follow steps (2) through (6).
Note: Your petition appeal goes before a committee
for review and may take three to four weeks before you hear the
results of their decision.