JJC's RN program combines traditional classroom experiences, in-class high-fidelity simulations, and online courses with clinical experiences in local health facilities. A student who completes the program is awarded an Associate in Applied Science degree and is eligible to write the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (N.C.L.E.X.) for registration as an R.N. in Illinois.
What Will I Learn?
The nursing program combines classroom, laboratory and clinical learning opportunities for students. The nursing program is very rigorous. Classroom and clinical time is approximately 18 hours per week with an additional 20 hours or more for preparation and studying.
What is Unique About Our Registered Nurse Program?
- State-of-the-Art simulation labs.
- Save thousands of dollars.
- Joliet Junior College RN graduates achieved a 95 percent pass rate on the National Nursing Licensure Exam (NCLEX-RN) in 2017, well above well above national and state averages of 87 and 86 percent, respectively.
- Joliet Junior College works closely with local universities so graduates can make a seamless transition and complete their bachelor’s degree.
- According to RegisteredNursing.org, JJC's Nursing program is ranked one of the top 10 in the state of Illinois
What Degree Will I Receive?
What Are My Career Opportunities?
- Registered nurses (RN’s) provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients and the public about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Registered nurses work in hospitals, physicians’ offices, home healthcare services, and nursing care facilities. Others work in outpatient clinics and schools, or serve in the military (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Employment of registered nurses is projected to grow 15 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- The median annual wage for registered nurses was $68,450 in May 2016 (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- 91 percent of our graduates are employed within 6 months of graduation.