Provide an environment that inspires acceptance, inclusion, and mutual respect.
The President’s Diversity & Inclusion Council advocates and champion’s diversity and inclusion efforts that prioritize our commitment to the core values of respect and inclusion. The Council will ensure the college community is a place where everyone feels welcomed, empowered and safe.
- Create opportunities for JJC employees to engage in dialogue and gain knowledge about the meaning and importance of diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure leadership embraces and models the vision, values, and goals for diversity and inclusion.
- Incorporate diversity into strategic planning for each academic area and support unit.
- Analyze effectiveness of council’s efforts through diversity and inclusion metrics.
- Ensure the importance of institutional representation
- Demonstrate effective leadership as responsible agents of the college
- Serve as a vital resource regarding critical decisions and emerging issues that impact the college community
- Communicate in an open and transparent manner
- Complete work by internal and external timelines
- Dr. Judy Mitchell
- DeAndre Butler
- Judy Connelly
- Dee Crye
- Laurel Dieskow
- Antione Edwards
- Dr. Escortina Ervin
- Erin Farmer
- Dr. Yolanda Farmer
- Dr. Amy Gray
- Samantha Korzen
- Dr. Nataliya Marchenko
- LeVon McAllister
- Dr. Sherri Morrow
- Krisi Mulvey
- Terry Pagoria
- Erica Reyes
- Kelly Rohder-Tonelli
- Michelle Roman-Garcia
- Lori Schahrer
- Nicholas Sciaccotta
- Dr. Michele Smith
- Michelle Vale
- Cynthia Vasquez-Barrios
- Roxanne Venegas
The President’s Diversity and Inclusion Council is Chaired by Dr. Escortina Ervin, Executive Director, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Compliance and Erin Farmer, Program Manager, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Compliance.
If you have questions or concerns for the council please reach out to the Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Compliance at DEI@jjc.edu.