Provide an environment that inspires acceptance, inclusion, and mutual respect.
The President’s Diversity & Inclusion Council advocates and champion’s diversity and inclusion efforts that prioritize our commitment to the core values of respect and inclusion. The Council will ensure the college community is a place where everyone feels welcomed, empowered and safe.
Diversity and Inclusion Panel Discussion
This discussion panel will discuss the importance of diversity and inclusion and the direction of the President’s Diversity and Inclusion Council. During the panel, committee members and other various representatives from the campus community will share stories about how diversity and inclusion affected them, what it means to them and why it is an important.
Next Meeting Date: TBD
- Create opportunities for JJC employees to engage in dialogue and gain knowledge about the meaning and importance of diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure leadership embraces and models the vision, values, and goals for diversity and inclusion.
- Incorporate diversity into strategic planning for each academic area and support unit.
- Analyze effectiveness of council’s efforts through diversity and inclusion metrics.
- Ensure the importance of institutional representation
- Demonstrate effective leadership as responsible agents off the college
- Serve as a vital resource regarding critical decisions and emerging issues that impact the college community
- Communicate in an open and transparent manner
- Complete work by internal and external timelines
- Dr. Judy Mitchell
- Dr. Yolanda Farmer
- Malinda Carter
- Erin Farmer
- Linda Blanco
- DeAndre Butler
- Mindy Diaz
- Dr. Cathy Dobbs
- Eric Dutt
- Michael Fitzpatrick
- Carl Gilmore
- Mari Johnson
- Dr. Angie Kaysen-Luzbetak
- Michelle Lyman
- Laura Michelsen
- Dr. David Naze
- Michelle Roman-Garcia
- Michelle Roubal
- Patty Sanchez
- Julio Santiago
- Tracy Theard
- Cynthia Vasquez-Barrios
- Patricia Opare
- Cesar Castillo
The President’s Diversity and Inclusion Council is Chaired by Malinda Carter, Executive Director of Human Resources and Erin Farmer, Special Assistant to the President.