on this page:
Voting is available online through the voting booth. Election results will be posted to the voting booth once the voting period has closed.
Online voting for the 2012-2013 Student Trustee will take place on April 17-18, 2012.
The Student Trustee position requires a strong commitment of time and energy on the part of the student. It is the most unique experience a student can have at the community college and could possibly be the most rewarding.
Responsibilities of the Student Trustee
- Attending meetings once a month, in addition to 2-3 special meetings, which could possibly be scheduled within one month.
- Reading many college documents, discussing recommendations on the operation of the college.
- Being part of the Student Government by attending a minimum of 2 meetings per month.
- Serving on committees established by the Board of Trustees.
- Attending regional, state and national meetings as the student representative for JJC.
- Working with Student Government to keep students in the communication loop about things happening at JJC.
- Working with Student Government to promote the role of Student Trustee and seek interested replacements for the position before the term ends.
Qualifications of the Student Trustee
- Student must have earned nine (9) college credit hours at JJC and must be enrolled for six (6) or more hours each semester of their term.
- The Student Trustee may NOT be a full-time or part-time employee (including being a student worker) of the college while serving their term.
- Student must be in good standing as defined by the current student catalog. The student must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
Student can NOT have any Code of Conduct violations.
||(35 business days to election)|
Election Announcement/Trustee Election Information
||(24 business days to election)|
First day to file petitions
(21 days to election) Last day to file petitions
||(12 days to election)|
Announcement of election procedures (online)
|March 27- April 6
||Selection Process (interviews with Student Government and Selection Committee)|
||Last day to withdraw petitions|
||Student Trustee Election Voting Online|
||Installation of Student Trustee at monthly Board of Trustees meeting held at Morris Educational Center|