Follow these policies and steps for planning and promoting club sponsored events:
Planning an event or fundraiser for the general college population requires thought and planning. In order for an event to have ample promotional time, we encourage a 16 week time frame for planning large events.
Requesting Space for Club Meetings and/or Events:
Activities Approval Form
The Activities Approval Form should be submitted to Suzette Hinkle 30 days before the scheduled event. Please note that any section outlined in red must be completed before submitting the form.
Request will then be referred to the Master Calendar in the OSA office to ensure no other events are occurring at that same time.
- OSA will secure space for your event and confirm it with you. If you have any questions about your event, please contact Suzette Hinkle.
- Only after you receive the confirmation of the event can you begin promoting the event.
- If you are requesting food for the event, you will need to contact Laurie Bierman to place that order.
- If you require a special setup, please list it on the Activities Approval form. If it’s a complicated set up, you can draw it out and send it to us separately OR type it out on the form you’re submitting.
: Until you have received your confirmation of the requested space, you should not promote the event!
- The Director or Coordinator of Student Activities must approve campus wide events and fundraisers.
- If outside guests are included at club events, the club is responsible for the conduct of those individuals.
- Events held after 4:30 p.m. and on weekends will need additional time for set up. Charges will not be incurred as long as the event is internal (sponsored by JJC club or department).
- Campus Police must be present at events with anticipated attendance of over 100. Arrangements for the officer to be present shall be made by the club with Campus Police Department.
- All college events must end by 11:00 p.m.
- Campus-wide club events must be discussed with the Director or Coordinator of Student Activities prior to being publicized.
- Alcohol should not be a part of any college function (on or off campus).
Serious infringements of college regulations on the part of any club or individual club members may be subject to administrative review.