JJC offers a number of free tutoring services on campus and online. Many of these services are conveniently located in the new Tutoring and Learning Center (TLC) in C-2010. This 7,500-square-foot area provides JJC students with free in-person or online tutoring for more than 300 JJC courses. Please click on the links below to learn more about these services.
- Course Tutoring: The TLC provides in-person and online tutoring with peer or professional tutors for hundreds of courses.
- In-Person Tutoring
- Online Tutoring (Smarthinking)
- Drop-in Math Assistance: TLC tutors are available every day the center is open to provide math tutoring for all math courses with no appointment necessary.
- Presentation Tutoring: If you are working on a presentation for a speech class or any other JJC course, professional tutors are available to you. There is even a recording studio so you can record and review your presentations.
- Reading and Writing Tutoring: You may seek assistance with reading and/or writing for any JJC course. Peer or professional tutors will assist you with reading comprehension strategies and writing assistance for any paper you are assigned. These tutors will even assist with scholarship essays and college application essays.
- Study Aids: Biology models, chemistry models, accounting solutions manuals, and biology flashcards are available for students to use within the TLC
- Test Preparation: TLC tutors are well-versed to provide preparation for different exams including the ones listed below.
- ACT COMPASS Preparation
- GED Preparation
- TEAS V Preparation - available for a nominal fee
Last updated on May 29, 2014.