In an effort to continuously employ highly qualified peer tutors in the Tutoring and Learning Center (TLC), the TLC welcomes peer tutor recommendations made by JJC faculty and staff. Click here to recommend a peer tutor.
Qualified peer tutors must meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolls in a minimum of 6 credit hours over the course of a semester to be eligible for a student worker position
- Maintains minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Earns A or B in all classes to be tutored
- Comes highly recommended by JJC faculty or staff
- Successfully interviews with ASC Coordinator
- Upon hire, actively participates in ASC's CRLA tutor-training program
Please note the following points:
- Students are screened, hired, trained, and paid by the Tutoring and Learning Center.
- Students are hired based on budget availability and course tutoring demand.
- A recommendation does not guarantee hire.
Thank you for your recommendations and the TLC appreciates your continued support!
Last updated on June 2, 2013.