Financial Aid/Veterans Office
Campus Center: A-1020
Phone: (815) 280-2528
Fax: (815) 280-2547

Office Hours
Monday – Thursday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
Friday: 7:30am - 4:30pm

Summer Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 7:30pm
Closed Friday: May 23 through August 8

Special Office Hours:

  • The Saturday before the first day of Fall semester 8:00am - 4:00pm
  • The Saturday before the first day of Spring semester 8:00am – 2:00pm
  • Spring Break week (Monday-Friday) 7:30am - 4:30pm


Supporting Our Veterans - Click for more information

Pace Ride Share

Illinois Residency Requirements 

Student at JJC Main Campus 

These requirements are for the 2014-2015 academic year.

All recipients of the Illinois Student Assistance Monetary Award Program (ISAC MAP) must be able to provide verification of residency in the state of Illinois. It is recommended that you complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1, 2014.  The MAP suspension dates are subject to change by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission due to State of Illinois funding.


For MAP purposes, the parent of the dependent student must physically reside in Illinois, and Illinois must be their permanent home.


An independent student must have resided in Illinois for 12 continuous months prior to start of classes of the academic year the student is applying for the MAP grant to be considered an Illinois resident. For the 2014-2015 academic year, the student must have been an Illinois resident continuously from August 25, 2013 to August 25, 2014. Illinois must be their permanent home.


The following are examples of documents that may be collected for verification of Illinois residency. For an independent student, the documentation must indicate that the student resided in Illinois for the previous 12 continuous months.

  • Parent's (or student's, if independent) valid state of Illinois income tax for the 2013 year;
  • Illinois driver's license (Valid);
  • Utility or rent bills in the parent's (or independent student's) name;
  • Illinois auto registration card;
  • Statement of benefits history from the Illinois Department of Public Aid;
  • Residential lease in the parent's (or independent student's) name;
  • Statement of benefits from the Illinois Department of Employment Security;
  • State of Illinois identification card issued by the Secretary of State; or
  • Illinois voter registration card.

With the exception of the 2013 Illinois taxes, all documentation needs to be issued before Aug. 25th, 2013 to be used for the Illinois residency requirement.

© 2012 Joliet Junior College

Joliet Junior College
1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431-8938
Phone: (815) 729-9020