To better serve you, JJC will require all new and returning students to make a "Borrow Smart" loan appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor to process a Federal Direct Student Loan".
2014-2015 Borrow Smart Loan Information:
Please make sure you have completed the following steps before you make a loan appointment for 2014-2015.
- Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA.
- Submit all required documents in order to complete your financial aid file.
- Have received your JJC award notification.
- Be enrolled in 6 financial aid eligible credit hours or more.
- Must complete the Entrance Loan Interview - all students - visit www.StudentLoans.Gov.
- Complete the MPN if not completed in the last 12 months - visit www.StudentLoans.Gov.
- **Print and complete the 2014-2015 JJC LOAN PACKET.
- Make a Borrow Smart loan appointment with the Financial Aid/Veterans Office by calling (815) 280-6781 or in person at the Financial Aid/Veterans Office (Main Campus or Romeoville Campus).
2014-2015 Borrow Smart Loan Packet(PDF)
**Completed loan packets can only be submitted during the "Borrow Smart"
loan appointment. Loan packets submitted to the Financial Aid/Veterans Office
outside of a scheduled appointment will not be accepted or processed.