Joliet Junior College has several partnerships with 4-year univerisities so that is easy for students to transfer into a bachelor degree program. These agreements provide the students with a seamless transition to the university. Here are some of the university partnerships:
The Dual Degree Program (DDP) with Governors State Univeristy provides full-time community college students with an excellent pathway to earn both an associate and bachelor's degree, at a fraction of the cost. Here are the benefits:
- Guaranteed admission to Governors State University (GSU)
- Waived application fee
- Locked in GSU tuition rate, effective the semester you join the DDP
- Access to two different full-tuition scholarships
- An assigned DDP Transfer Specialist will help you with a personalized education plan to complete your associate and bachelor's degrees in the shortest possible time frame
The DePaul Admission Partnership Program (DAPP) was created for students who choose to begin their bachelor's degree at a community college. Here are the benefits:
- Be able to take advantage of the lower tuition rate for the first two years of your degree.
- You will be able to earn both an associate’s degree and a bachelor’s degree from two quality schools.
- Be able to attend workshops for students who are undecided about their major provided by DePaul.
- Receive advance notifications of counseling appointments offered by DePaul University Transfer Admission Counselors , transfer events, or special programming on your community college campus.
- Receive counseling on which courses to take and a plan on how to get your bachelor’s degree with updates and progress reports.
- Have your degree requirements locked in for 3 years after joining DAPP, provided you follow the DAPP requirements.
- Be invited to faculty presentations and workshops on topics of interest provided by DePaul
The University of St. Francis offers specific course transfer guides for over 30 different majors. Conveniently located just 11 km from Joliet Junior College, the University of St. Francis is one of the top three universities of choice for JJC students.
Here are some of the more popular transfer programs:
- Business Administration
- Recreation Administration
- And many more!
Joliet Junior College has articulation agreements with Purdue University-Calumet to earn a bachelor degree in Nursing or Hospitality and Tourism Management.