The following questions should be considered by all college students. However, they are especially important if you qualify for STAR services. Keep in mind that services such as extended test time, tutoring, use of special computer programs, etc., all require extra time in your day. Not all services are available at all campuses and many of the STAR services are available on Main Campus only until 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Therefore, the following questions need special consideration:
- Will you be going to school part time (carrying less than 12 credit hours) or full time (carrying 12 credit hours or more)?
- Will you be working while going to school? (This affects the number of credit hours that you should or could carry.)
- Will you try to schedule classes during the day, at night, on the weekend or in some combination of the three?
- Will you want to take classes at the Main Campus, the Romeoville Campus, the City Center, or at a satellite campus?
- Will your available transportation affect your choices of schedule, times and locations?
When ready to register or for more information contact StAR by calling (815) 280-2230.