Transfer into JJC from another institution: Reverse Transfer 


    Questions regarding courses transferring into JJC should be directed to the JJC Records and Transcripts Office:


Records Office
Campus Center: A-1020
Phone: (815) 280-2290


If you wish to transfer to Joliet Junior College after earning credits from another college or university, please follow the instructions listed below:

 Reverse Transfer Student  

  • Students transferring from another college or university that have earned at least six credit hours or more are considered "reverse transfer" students.
  • Students with less than six credit hours should follow the steps outlined for new full-time or new part-time students.

Steps to Apply for Reverse Transfer Students:

  1. Complete a JJC application.

    Note: There are special admissions processes for Nursing, Vet tech, Radiology, early entry students, and those pursuing dual admissions. The applying processes for these are listed under "special admissions" on the students page.

  2. Submit an official, sealed, high school/GED transcript to the JJC Admissions Office in the Campus Center, room A-1020.
    Note to students with foreign transcripts: To prove U.S. high school equivalency, you must have your foreign transcript evaluated. JJC only accepts World Education Services (WES) or Educationtal Credential Evaluators (ECE) evaluations for review. Please have your evaluation translated to English -- can be general evaluation. In lieu of an evaluation, students may submit official transcripts showing they passed the U.S. General Education Development (GED) test.
  3. Request your official transcript from the college(s) previously attended and send to: Joliet Junior College, Academic Credentials office, 1215 Houbolt, Joliet, IL 60431-8938.
  4. Submit a JJC transcript evaluation request form. For more information see the transcript evaluation page. You may also call the Academic Credentials office at (815) 280-2803.
  5. If student plans on taking an English, math, or foreign language course, he/she must take the ACT COMPASS Placement Test prior to enrollment.
  6. Receive an acceptance letter from the JJC Admissions Office. You may continue the admissions process before you receive this letter in the mail. Please go to the page to continue the admissions process.

Next Steps:

  1. Investigate financial aid and scholarships at the paying for college page.
  2. Go to the ID / user name / password help page and obtain your JJC username and password.
  3. Schedule an appointment with a JJC counselor/advisor by calling the Counseling Office at (815) 280-2673. Bring all unofficial transcripts or grade reports to the counseling appointment. See the counseling page for more information.

    The Agriculture/Horticulture Department has a specialized intake process. Students pursuing these majors must contact the department to complete their New Student Orientation Process. See the Horticulture Sciences Department or Agriculture Sciences Department for more information.

  4. Register for courses.
  5. Make full payment or apply for deferred payment online through the FACTS plan at eResources.
  6. Purchase your textbooks at the JJC Bookstore.
  7. Students with documented disabilities should contact Student Accommodations and Resources (StAR) to arrange accommodations.
  8. Visit the next steps page for more information concerning the registration process, counseling and advising, student housing, and more.


© 2012 Joliet Junior College

Joliet Junior College
1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431-8938
Phone: (815) 729-9020