We are proud to affirm that JJC is committed to helping all students achieve success, and we commend your efforts in actively seeking transfer pathway guidance.
It is important, however, to understand that transfer planning can be a complex process and typically requires an in-depth analysis of individual academic records, as well as comprehensive evaluation and research regarding available transfer options that are tailored to meet your specific needs and circumstances. So, in order to best serve you, Joliet Junior College offers numerous student support services and transfer planning resources to assist you in your efforts to obtain the transfer information you seek to achieve a successful transition.
Review the options below, and then determine your next steps by checking the recommendations best suited to your particular situation and interests on the table located below:
· Register for a Transfer Information Session facilitated by the JJC Transfer Specialist. An overview of the entire transfer process is presented during these group transfer advising sessions. Discover the essential steps involved in the transfer process, explore transfer resources, review transfer success strategies, identify key factors in the development of an individually tailored timeline, learn tips on how to select a transfer school and discover how best to determine which JJC courses are required by your transfer school for your major before you transfer.
· Once you have identified a major and/or transfer school, contact the Counseling Department (A1155) to set a Transfer Planning appointment where we will allow enough time to review your academic record and explain your transfer options based upon your current academic and career goals. To set an appointment with a JJC Counselor call: 815-280-2673 (Main campus) or 815-886-3000 (Romeoville campus).
· Contact the Academic Advisor for the major or program you plan to pursue at JJC. Academic Advisors are instructors and experts in their career fields. Academic Advisors may be found by viewing the alphabetical contact list online on the JJC Academic Advisors web page. (Type “Academic Advisor” in the search box at the top of the JJC home page.)
· Submit a completed Transfer Questionnaire and view additional college and university transfer information on the JJC Transfer Information website. (Type “Transfer” in the search box at the top of the JJC home page: www.jjc.edu.)
· Also, consider taking a college or career success oriented General Student Development course (085, 100 or 110) to support you in reaching your goals and to continue important major and career exploration.
Additionally, to learn more about major selection, career planning resources or to set a Career Counseling appointment, please visit the JJC Career Services department (A1175) or call: 815-280-2756.
Finally, to either submit transcripts from another college or university to JJC, or to obtain and send your official JJC transcript to another institution, please contact the JJC office of Records and Transcripts (A1020), review the instructions listed online or call: 815-280-2290.