Project Success gives high school seniors an opportunity to:
- Apply for early admission to Joliet Junior College
- Enroll in GSD 100 (Orientation To The College Experience)
- Earn transferable college credit
- Be assigned to a faculty/staff mentor that supports and monitors their progress
Student Application (PDF)
This innovative program is geared for first-generation minority college students who are unfamiliar with the overall college process, but who have the desire and motivation to continue with a college education.
* Limited numbers are accepted annually into program. Recruitment begins every Fall!
Students must agree to be active participants in this project by following through with scheduled supportive activities. These activities are designed to help students achieve college success and to avoid being included in the high number of minority students that experience academic failure during their first year of college. Eligible students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale and have successfully completed algebra 1 and 2.
Students overall academic progress will be followed while they attend classes at Joliet Junior College. Students and their parent(s) must attend an initial orientation session and sign a participation agreement form.
Other Benefits include:
- Early admission to Joliet Junior College.
- Free tuition and book for GSD 100 class.
- Assistance with completing FAFSA (Federal financial aid form.)
- Referral to other JJC programs that provide tutoring and support.
- Early registration for Summer and Fall classes.
- Educational trips and leadership development opportunities.
To sign up for Project Success, contact your high school Counselor or Mildred Holmes at email@example.com, or (815) 280-2533 or (815) 280-2744.