Because of a collaboration with iCampus, the Academic Skills Center is able to offer free online tutoring to JJC students enrolled in credit-bearing courses. Please review the information below to learn how to use this wonderful and convenient service.
Understanding your online tutoring options
This free online tutoring is available to all Joliet Junior College students for the following subjects:
- Accounting - ACCY 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, and 107
- Algebra - MATH 094, 098, 101, 107, 108, 119, and 131
- Basic Math - MATH 090, 123, and 124
- Bilingual Math - MATH 090, 092, 094, 095, 098, 101, 107, 108, 119, 123, 124, 128, 131, 138, 139, 142, and 150
- Biology - BIO 104, 107, 144, 146, 151, and 152
- Calculus - MATH 138, 139, 142, and 150
- Chemistry - CHEM 100, 101, and 102
- Economics - ECON 100, 103, 104, 107, and 111
- Geometry - MATH 095, 108, 119, and 124
- Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology - BIO 160, 250, and 251
- Physics - PHYS 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 201, 202, and 203
- Spanish - SPAN 101, 102, 103, and 104
- Statistics - MATH 092 and 128
- Trigonometry - MATH 108, 119, 139, and 142
- Writing - Appropriate for all writing assignments regardless of subject
Your options for online tutoring through SMARTHINKING include the following:
- Writing Center - Have your writing reviewed by a tutor. You can submit an essay or a question 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Turnaround time for a response is typically within 24 hours.
- Drop-in tutoring - Chat now with a live tutor.
- Scheduled Tutoring - Schedule a chat session with a live tutor in the future. Please note that these appointments must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
- Offline Questions - Send a tutor an academic question. Turnaround time for a response is typically within 24 hours.
Enrolling yourself or your class in online tutoring
- Instructors, call the Academic Skills Center at (815) 280-6667 to enroll your entire class in online tutoring through SMARTHINKING. If you are interested and if a staff member is available, you can request to have an ASC staff member give a brief presentation about online tutoring including how to access the program and an overview of the program's features.
- Students, in order to obtain access to this free online tutoring program, contact the Academic Skills Center at (815) 280-2261. Book a one-time, in-person appointment to become registered for this program and learn how to use its many features.
Accessing online tutoring once you are enrolled
Once you have an account, log into your JJC Angel account through iCampus. Next, locate and click the "Academic Skills Center Online Tutoring" link.
If at any time you need assistance with your SMARTHINKING online tutoring account, you may receive help through the following means:
- Access the SMARTHINKING Student Handbook in the Customer Support and FAQ area of your SMARTHINKING homepage.
- Contact Technical Support for SMARTHINKING via phone at 888-430-7429, ext. 1 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. EST) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Viewing your online tutoring usage report
Log into our account.
Click on "My Account."
Scroll down to view all tutoring interactions
To print, you must copy and paste into a spreadsheet first as the "My Account" screen does not have a print button.
Last updated November 18, 2013.