There are several ways to register for courses at JJC – in person, telephone, during a group advising session (required by new full-time students), or eResources.
News and Information Updates
We want to keep you well informed. Please look below and take a moment to review the latest news and updates from the Registration Office.
- New procedure for Placement scores: JJC ASC Placement Testing.
- JJC has
been approved by the state of Illinois to participate in the National
Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary,
regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
Participation allows JJC to accept out-of-state students from states also
participating in SARA. For further information, including a listing of
participating states, please visit Out-of-StateStudents/SARA.
- Is available from the first day of Registration and throughout the term for classes that haven't started.
- Is available for dropping classes from the first day of registration through the refund date of the class.
A. Priority Registration
Priority Registration allows students who are currently enrolled in credit courses, in the prior semester (excluding Summer), to register before the General Registration date.
Students who have Restrictions or Financial obligations or who have withdrawn from all current semester classes are not eligible.
Note: Priority Registration will be through eResources only.
Attention: Students Using Online Registration for any semester must have an active JJC email account.
To activate your JJC email account:
- All students who plan to register online for the any semester should go to the college's homepage and click on the "Check Email" icon.
- Click on the link "Connect to the New Live@edu email."
- Follow the directions to create your password and activate your New Live@edu account.
- This will enable you to use eResourses to register for classes.
- All college related emails will be sent to your JJC email account.
Student transfer hours from other institutions will count toward the total number of hours used to determine which priority registration section the student qualifies. In order for transfer hours to be evaluated in time for priority registration students must complete the steps outlined on the transcript evaluation website www.jjc.edu/info/transcript-evaluation before March 1 for Fall and September 1 for Spring. No exceptions will be made for transcripts turned in for evaluation after the deadline dates. Any questions about the transcript evaluation process please contact the Academic Credentials Office by email at email@example.com or by calling by phone at 815-280-2803.
All other inquiries about Priority Registration should be directed to the Registration Office, in A-1020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. General Registration
General Registration is for students who are attending JJC for the first time, who are not currently enrolled but have previously attended JJC and are resuming studies and for students who are transferring from another college or university.
Important Reminder: Once you have registered for your classes you will need to pay for them before the deadlines. See the payment information page, for the semester in which you are enrolled, for more information.
Every class has its own refund and drop date. Please visit the refund policy page for more information on withdrawal, refunds and appeals.