College Prep With An Edge - FOCUS on Your Future with PCCS
The BEST Partnership, also known as PCCS, is a state and federal initiative and a "High School-Plus" program that prepares students for high-skill, high-wage careers.
Today's job market is highly competitive and always changing. PCCS equips students with advanced skills demanded by employers.
Technical occupations are where the jobs will be.
ACTE reports that 60% of tomorrow's jobs start with today's career and technical education.
PCCS Can Give You:
- A way to earn college credits while in high school.
- A clear pathway to follow with an individual career plan.
- A solid foundation of academic and technical courses.
- An introduction to the workplace.
- Exposure to high-paying careers through job shadowing and internships.
- Information on new and emerging jobs.
- Flexibility to explore various options for careers.
- More efficient use of your time.
- Direct connection to postsecondary education or apprenticeship.
What Does PCCS Offer Students?
It gives students the ability to:
- solve problems
- think critically
- work well with others
It provides a solid foundation and a direction for their lives.
- set their sights on a future career
- discover what it will take to get there
- start to prepare for a successful career
- save time and money on their college education by earning college credit for courses
- completed in high school
- experience workplace learning to find out how their academic subjects relate to the work world . . . and why they are important to success
Learn more about BEST Partnership and PCCS