NSO is an important first step towards college success.
Choose to do your NSO presentation either online or on-campus. There you will learn about our academic programs, support services, policies, and procedures. After completing the presentation, you will then attend a New Student Group Advising Session where you will set-up and learn how navigate your student account, meet with an Orientation Advisor to plan your first semester, and register for classes.
Preparing for New Student Orientation
To successfully prepare and complete New Student Orientation, please follow the steps below:
Complete an Admissions Application. Please note it can take up to 48 hours for the college to process your application.
Take all Placement Testing or submit appropriate placement scores.
Submit high school or appropriate equivalency transcripts to the Admissions Office
Congratulations, you are now ready for New Student Orientation!
Signing-up for NSO
Brand New College Students
If you have never attended college before OR if your have completed less than 12 credits from another college or university, you are considered a brand new college student.
Brand new full-time college students and those part-time students seeking first semester advising, are required to complete NSO. Complete the following steps:
Complete a presentation either online (Hybrid) or on-campus (Traditional).
Attend an on-campus New Student Group Advising Session.
- Sessions are on a first come first serve basis and fill quickly. Limited seats are available especially for Traditional Sessions, so sign up early.
- Absolutely NO walk-in students will be accepted for NSO, you must sign up online.
- For privacy and spacing reasons only students are invited to the advising and registration portion of on-campus sessions. Parents and supporters are not allowed in the registration lab.
- Students registered with Disability Services should contact them directly for new student advising after completing the online NSO presentation.
Sign-up for a Traditional NSO
(Current Traditional sessions are full at this time. Complete a Hybrid NSO or check back on 6/28 for additional Traditional dates.)
(only select one option)
New Students with Earned Credit
Having Trouble Logging In?
- For some login screens you may be required to use only your JJC username (johndoe2) and not your full JJC email. If you do not know your JJC username/password look it up.
- Note that it takes the college up to 48 hours after you complete your application to generate your username and password.
- If you receive a blank page after logging in, you have entered your password in incorrectly. Please re-enter your information or try re-setting your password..
- Make sure the CAPS lock is not on when entering your username.
- Your password is case sensitive.
- If you have pop-up/cookie blockers installed you may need to turn them off in order to access the online presentation.
- For all other technical issues please contact the Student Tech Support hotline at (866) 281-3638.
- The Office of First Year Experience is unable to resolve technical issues. You must contact Tech Support.
Parents and Supporters
If you have a student that is starting at JJC please visit our Parent and Supporter page for more information.
* Please note that for privacy and spacing reasons only students are invited to the advising and registration portion of on-campus sessions. Parents and supporters are not allowed in the registration lab.