Check your JJC student email for upcoming dates and information regarding JJC Connect.
Attend a JJC Connect Session and enter to win a $100.00 JJC Bookstore gift card, $50.00 JJC Cafeteria gift card, backpack full of school supplies, and other great prizes!
The JJC Bookstore will be open to serve students attending JJC Connect! Stop in to purchase your textbooks, supplies and sample treats!
Thursday, August 13, 2015
on beginning your college experience at Joliet Junior College! We are excited to have you as a part of our educational community and look forward to seeing you on campus.
As a new student (full-time, part-time, adult, veteran, etc.), JJC Connect is an opportunity designed to help you successfully transition to college.
Our goal is to engage and “connect” you (and your family and supporters) to important information, programs, and services that will improve your college experience. We know going to college can be a very stressful time for most new students, whether you are a traditional freshman, an adult student, or a student returning to college. However, participating in this program can help alleviate those anxieties and assist you in being better prepared to take on the challenges that lie in front of you.
Important Note: Attending JJC Connect is not a substitute for New Student Orientation (NSO). NSO is a requirement for all first-time, full-time students. A full-time student is defined as someone taking 12 or more credit hours within a semester. To access New Student Orientation information and to sign up, please go to the www.jjc.edu/info/newstudent.
In what ways can you "Connect" to JJC?
By attending one of the three "connection" sessions offered you will have the opportunity to meet and interact with other students, in addition to a variety of JJC staff. This experience will provide a supportive environment for you and your family to learn and ask questions, which may include:
- How do I finance my college education? (Examples include but are not limited to financial aid, scholarships, student employment, and veterans' benefits.)
- What is expected of me now that I’m in college?
- How do I get involved with campus life? What are the benefits of campus involvement?
- What are my career options? How can I access career services and resources available at JJC?
- How should I prepare myself academically to be successful? What are the free academic resources at JJC?
- What resources should I know about as an adult student?
- What steps should I take to successfully transfer to a 4-year college/university?
- Where and how can I meet students with similar interest?
- How do I make the most of my time in college?
- How do I access services in the new Campus Center?
While attending a JJC Connect Session, you will also have the opportunity to enter a raffle to win various prizes!
We know navigating the college environment can be difficult, but we are confident that if you successfully connect to the important resources here at JJC you will start off on the right track to college success!
Sign up for JJC Connect
Having trouble Logging in?
Please contact the student helpdesk at 1-866-281-3638.
If you have questions about this program, please call 815-280-2533 or email email@example.com.