Join us for the *nationally recognized
4th ANNUAL MAJOR EXPLORATION FAIR
Wednesday, November 1st
9:30am - 1:00pm
JJC Main Campus, J Building, Lower Level
WHAT IS THE MAJOR EXPLORATION FAIR?
Check out our promo video
Choosing the major that is right for you can be a difficult decision. The Major Exploration Fair will give you all the information you need, all in one place, to help you make the very best choice.
Attending the Major Exploration Fair can help you choose a major and field of study. It can also help if you've already selected a major, but need assistance exploring appropriate careers and professions, or selecting a transfer school.
At the Major Exploration Fair, you will meet faculty representatives from various JJC academic departments and support services, accomplished alumni and industry professionals, and representatives from nearby four-year institutions – for a unique 'one-stop-shop' experience.
Don't forget the FUN! Snack on some free popcorn, take a picture in our 'career' photo booth, and complete an evaluation for your chance to win awesome prizes!
During the event, post pictures on social media using #gotamajorjjc and you could win big! Raffles each hour!
*The Major Exploration Fair was recognized by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) as a Career Services best practice. Click HERE to read the article!
WHO WILL BE THERE?
JJC FACULTY AND PROGRAM ADVISORS
Attend the Major Exploration Fair to speak with faculty members and program advisors from all of JJC's degree and certificate programs. Click HERE for a list of JJC programs to explore at the Major Exploration Fair.
Register your department/program using this Department Registration Link
Meet JJC graduates who have completed programs you may be interested in and can answers question about life after JJC. Alumni will be available at various program tables to answer your questions and share their success stories. Learn about the schools they transferred to, where they are working, and get some great advice from someone who has been in your shoes.
If you are an alum interested in participating in the event, email email@example.com.
FOUR-YEAR COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
Students interested in transferring to a four-year college or university will have an opportunity to speak with several of them at the Major Exploration Fair. CHECK OUT THOSE WHO PARTICIPATED IN 2016:
|Columbia College |
|DePaul University |
|Eastern IL University|
|Governors State University|
|Illinois Institute of Technology|
|Illinois State University|
|Indiana State ( Online) |
|McKendree University |
|National Louis University |
|Northeastern IL University|
|Northern MI University|
|Olivet Nazareth University |
|Southern University - Carbondale|
|St Xavier University |
|Trinity Christian College ( Adult Studies)|
|University of Saint Francis|
Western Il University
NAVIGATING THE FAIR
EXPLORE, INVESTIGATE AND IDENTIFY OPTIONS:
• Pick up term-by-term guides for the programs you are interested in
• Ask what courses are required for these programs, how long it will take to complete these programs and if there are any field-related clubs or professional organizations you can join at JJC
• Investigate at least three majors or careers you are interested in
• Ask about job opportunities and salary expectations
• Ask if you will need a bachelor's degree to work in these fields
• Identify at least three colleges or universities that you would like more information about
• Determine application deadlines, GPA requirements, foreign language competencies and available transfer scholarships and fee waivers
START YOUR JOURNEY:
Find Your Pathway
• Visit the Career Services Center to learn more about your programs or majors of interest and the career planning process. Call Career Services at 815-280-2756, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Campus Center A1175 to make an appointment
• Make an appointment with a JJC counselor or academic advisor to develop a tailored plan. Call counseling at 815-280-2673, email or stop by Campus Center A1155 to make an appointment
• Enroll in courses required for your JJC degree program
• Visit and apply to your selected four-year colleges and universities
• Tell us your story! If the Major Exploration Fair was helpful to you, email your story to email@example.com