Admissions Office
Campus Center: A-1020
Phone: (815) 280-2493
Fax: (815) 280-6740

Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 7:30pm
Friday: 7:30am - 4:30pm

Summer Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 7:30pm
Closed Friday: May 25, 2012 through August 10, 2012

Find Us On Facebook

Supporting Our Veterans - Click for more information

Pace Ride Share

Undocumented/Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals(DACA)


Undocumented Students
An undocumented student refers to students born outside of the United States, but who have lived in the country for a significant portion of their lives, and reside in the United States without the legal permission of the federal government. 

Are often ineligible for careers that required licensing, background checks, or a Social Security Number.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

  • DACA, an executive memo issued on June 15, 2012 offers undocumented persons under the age of 31, meeting specific criteria, deferred action of deportation.
  • DACA does not provide an individual with lawful status.
  • Through the Department of Homeland Security, DACA recipients are granted the right to an Illinois driver's license, a Social Security Number and a work permit.
  • DACA students are eligible for paid interships and student employment

Applying for Admissions

1) Undocumented Students fill out the paper application (PDF) -Please leave the social security field empty – do not make up a number or use your ITIN number. Joliet Junior College will give you an assigned number once you submit the proper documentation into our office. 

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals(DACA) students fill out the paper application (PDF) please put your assigned Social Security Number in the social security field on the paper application.

2) Undocumented Students/DACA- fill out an Affidavit form (PDF)

3) Undocumented Students/DACA-to be eligible to receive in-state tuition under the Illinois House Bill 60, submit a copy of your high school/GED transcript(s) to the admissions office.

Please submit all documents to the admissions office.

Illinois House Bill 60 states that an undocumented student in Illinois may receive in-state tuition. This bill permits undocumented students to pay in-state tuition rates at all public colleges and universities, provided they meet the following requirements:

  1. The individual resided with his or her parent or guardian while attending a public or private high school in Illinois.

  2. The individual graduated from a public or private high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in Illinois.

  3. The individual attended school in Illinois for at least 3 years (K-12) as of date the individual graduated from high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma.

  4. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, you will provide Joliet Junior College with an affidavit stating you will file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States at your earliest opportunity the individual is eligible to do so.

Financing your Education
Undocumented and DACA students may be eligible to receive privately funded merit scholarships or grant aid. They are not eligible to receive state and federal financial aid.

  • Students should begin looking for scholarships as early as possible.
  • Contact individuals, groups, or colleges/universities about resources that may be available.


For Admissions questions feel free to contact:

Rosa Salazar
Recruitment Specialist