Please read the admission criteria thoroughly before submitting your application. The Nursing Program has special admissions criteria and limited enrollment. Applicants are responsible for ensuring the requirements are met and all necessary documentation is on file. Only complete files will be considered. Applications for the nursing program are accepted twice a year.
Steps to Apply for Nursing Students:
- Complete a JJC application.
- Submit official copies of your high school transcript or high school equivalency (GED, HiSET, TASC), and all educational, college or training program transcripts attended after high school by completing a transcript request form.
- Send the transcript evaluation form to the Academic Credentials Office, A-1020, with all requests for college or post-high-school transcript(s), asking that it be evaluated. When completing the transcript evaluation form, be sure to select "Occupational Selective Program" and the correct applicant type located under the Transfer Evaluation Request Information section. Once your transcript has been evaluated you will receive notification via you JJC email.
- Check to make sure you've met all the admissions criteria.
- Take the Placement Test.
- Complete an online nursing application. This application can only be completed during the Nursing Application Period (February 1-15 and June 1-15).
- Investigate financial aid and scholarships at the paying for college page.
- Go to the ID / user name / help page and obtain your JJC username and password.
- When placement tests are completed and students with previous college credits have received their JJC Transfer Credit Evaluation, call (815) 280-2435 for appointments with a Nursing advisor to plan your schedule.
- Register for courses.
- Make full payment or apply for deferred payment online through the FACTS plan at eResources.
- Purchase your textbooks at the JJC Bookstore.
- Students with documented disabilities should contact Student Accommodations and Resources (STAR) to arrange accommodations.
- Visit the next steps page for more information concerning the registration process, counseling and advising, student housing, and more.
Additional information about Nursing Education and Allied Health programs and the application process can be found at the Nursing Department Web site.