The LPN Transition Program has special admissions criteria and limited enrollment. Applicants are responsible for ensuring the requirements are met and all necessary documentation is on file. Only complete files will be considered.
Please read the admission criteria thoroughly before submitting your application.
Please Note: The steps below are for the LPN Transition program, which requires a current Practical Nurse License. If you are interested in applying to the Nursing Program see the Nursing Admissions page.
Steps to Apply for LPN Transition Students:
Please note: Applications for the LPN Transition Program will be available online March 1 - 15th and September 1 - 15th.
- Complete a JJC application.
- Submit official copies of high school transcript and/or G.E.D. scores, and all educational, college or training program transcripts, attended after high school by completing a transcript request form.
- Fill out the JJC transcript evaluation request form with all requests for college or post-high-school transcript(s).
- Take the ACT COMPASS Placement Test if you do not have math or English classes to transfer in.
- Submit a current copy of your Practical Nurse License.
- Check to make sure you've met all the admissions criteria.
- Complete the LPN Transition application. The application is available twice a year, March 1 - 15 and September 1 - 15 for students who have met the LPN Transition admissions criteria.
- Effective October 2013, the Academic Skills Center will begin offering the ATI LPN-Step test as part of its testing services.
See www.jjc.edu/info/academic-skills for more information.
- Investigate financial aid and scholarships at the paying for college page.
- Go to the ID / user name / password help page and obtain your JJC username and password.
- When COMPASS tests are completed and students with previous college credits have received their JJC Transfer Credit Evaluation, call (815) 729-9020.
- Register for courses.
- Make full payment or apply for deferred payment online through the FACTS plan at eResources.
- Purchase your textbooks at the JJC Bookstore.
- Students with documented disabilities should contact Student Accommodations and Resources (STAR) to arrange accommodations.
- Visit the next steps page for more information concerning the registration process, counseling and advising, student housing, and more.