Undocumented/Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals(DACA)

Undocumented Students
An undocumented student refers to students born outside of the United States, but who have lived in the country for a significant portion of their lives, and reside in the United States without the legal permission of the federal government. 

Are often ineligible for careers that required licensing, background checks, or a Social Security Number.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

  • DACA, an executive memo issued on June 15, 2012 offers undocumented persons under the age of 31, meeting specific criteria, deferred action of deportation.
  • DACA does not provide an individual with lawful status.
  • Through the Department of Homeland Security, DACA recipients are granted the right to an Illinois driver's license, a Social Security Number and a work permit.
  • DACA students are eligible for paid internships​ and student employment

Applying for Admissions

1) Undocumented Students fill out the paper application (PDF) -Please leave the social security field empty – do not make up a number or use your ITIN number. Joliet Junior College will give you an assigned number once you submit the proper documentation into our office. 

 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals(DACA) students fill out the paper application​ (PDF) please put your assigned Social Security Number in  the social security field on the paper application.

2) Obtain your username and password by visiting the ID/username/password page

3) Submit an official, sealed, high school/GED transcript to the JJC Admissions Office in the Campus Center, room A-1020.

4) Take the ACT COMPASS Placement Test. Visit The Academic Skills ​Center website to receive more information on the ACT COMPASS Placement test, testing centers, and testing resources. 

5) All first time, full time students are required to attend a New Student Orientation session. Please visit the New Student Orientation website for more information.

Financing your Education
Undocumented and DACA students may be eligible to receive privately funded merit scholarships or grant aid. They are not eligible to receive state and federal financial aid.

  • Students should begin looking for scholarships as early as possible.
  • Contact individuals, groups, or colleges/universities about resources that may be available.


Two other wonderful guides that can assist you:

For Admissions questions feel free to contact:

Rosa Salazar
Recruitment Specialist