This program will not give you a degree but it is designed to get you the certificates needed to succeed.
Internship can be applied toward a Fire Science Technology degree (AAS). Most pre-requisites can be applied to an Emergency Medical Services degree (AAS).
Qualifications for Acceptance
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Approval of the fire science coordinator
- Successful completion of JJC Fire Science and EMT Basic courses (EMS 201 and 209)
- Current Illinois EMT basic licensure
- An Illinois state criminal background check free of misdemeanors or felonies
- Successful completion of an NFPA approved physical exam and drug screening
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to work in a team
Application deadline is September 1 each fall.
There are a variety of paths to enter the BOF Internship Program. Please contact the program adviser at 815.280.2356 for more information.
Below is a suggested schedule for the BOF Internship program. It includes all the courses that need to be successfully completed at JJC prior to entering the internship.
- ENG 101
- FSCI 101
- FSCI 102
- SPCH 101
- Math 127
- FSCI 103
- FSCI 105
- FSCI 106
- EMS 101
- PSYC 101
- EMS 201
- EMS 209
- FSCI 112
- FSCI 230 Internship
- FSCI 231 Internship
- FSCI 232 Internship
- FSCI Elective