Effective February 3, 2014, GED testing became available at the Joliet Junior College Main Campus Academic Skills Center. Effective June 1, 2017, GED testing became available at the Joliet Junior College City Center Campus Academic Skills Center. Please click on the links below to learn more about completing the four GED Tests and the Constitution Test.
to Take the Four GED Tests and Constitution Test
If you DID pass your GED Tests, you need to request your GED diploma and official score report from your Regional Office of Education.
Register for your test(s) online at the GED Testing Service website. All payment, scheduling, and rescheduling transactions are completed online through GED Testing Service or Pearson VUE. Reasonable accommodations must be requested during registration. Depending on the requested accommodation, medical documentation may be necessary. While the GED exam includes a testing fee, Constitution testing is free.
- Follow the directions to complete registration and scheduling. This will include selecting the Joliet Junior College Academic Skills Center as your GED Testing Center, as well as creating a username and password. You will need this username and password later to access your unofficial score report. You may select the Joliet Junior College Academic Skills Center at Main Campus or City Center Campus.
- On the day of testing, plan to arrive at the Academic Skills Center 15 minutes early with the necessary identification. This information was provided to you during your online registration.
If you do not have appropriate identification, you will not be allowed to test. There are no exceptions to this rule!
- Place your backpack, books, paperwork, food, drink, all electronic devices, and all other personal items in an ASC locker; these are not allowed in the testing area. If items do not fit, then they must be taken and stored in your car. Earplugs are available upon request.
Click here to see other Academic Skills Center Testing Policies.
- Complete your four GED tests as well as the Constitution Test.
Contact your Regional Office of Education to learn about Constitution testing locations.
- Unofficial test results are available online within forty-eight hours of testing on all content areas.
Using your username and password, you may access these results at the GED Testing Service website
- If you DID NOT pass your GED Tests, you have the option to retake one or more of the
four GED Tests.
GED Testing is available at Main Campus and the City Center Campus. As indicated in the chart below, testing opportunities are available Monday through Friday when the college is open. Click here to view contact information, as well as testing hours of operation.
- Academic Skills Center in JCTR-6002
235 North Chicago Street
Joliet, IL 60432
Minimum Score Required|
|Reasoning through Language Arts||150 minutes||150|
|Mathematical Reasoning||90 minutes||150|
|Social Studies||90 minutes||150|
Last updated on June 22, 2017.