Joliet Junior College will hold its annual Veterans Day memorial ceremony on Friday, Nov. 9, at noon on the Main Campus Bridge, 1215 Houbolt Road in Joliet. The public is invited to attend.
The ceremony will include a posting of colors performed by the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery Memorial
All veterans are invited to dress in military uniforms or insignia designating their branch of service.
The ceremony schedule is as follows:
• Welcome, Dr. Valerie Roberson, VP Academic Affairs
• Posting of colors
• Pledge of allegiance
• National anthem, led by choir members
• Moment of silence
• Introduction by Commander Cecilia Seabrook
• Flag folding demonstration
• Echo Taps
• Armed Forces Medley played by G. Richard Deal
• JJC Veterans Biographies
• “America the Beautiful”, arr. by John Ness Beck and performed by select members JJC Chamber Singers and Chorale, directed by Professor Philip Spencer
Refreshments will be served immediately following the service. For more information, contact Pam Dilday at (815) 280-2755 or email@example.com