The Grant Development Office operates under the Office of Institutional Advancement. The main functions of our office include locating funding opportunities that help advance the strategic plan of the college, writing grant proposals, and working with faculty to develop grant proposals. In addition, our office will provide support to ensure that after receiving an award, the college successfully manages the grant.
The mission of the Grant Development Office is to assist faculty and staff in securing external funding to further the strategic goals of the College.
To accomplish this mission, we provide the following services:
- Assist in finding local, state, federal and private funding opportunities;
- Provide assistance in all areas of proposal development;
- Provide grant management support to project directors post-award;
- Provide grant writing workshops and training opportunities to faculty and staff;
- Cultivate and develop relationships with government agencies, corporate sponsors, private foundations, and local philanthropic organizations in conjunction with the JJC Foundation.
Responsibilities of the Grant Development Office:
- Provide the college community with information regarding external funding sources.
- Maintain database regarding private funding agencies.
- Assist faculty and staff in locating funding possibilities for new and existing programs and projects.
- Provide assistance in the development and submission of proposal applications, including obtaining all necessary administrative approvals.
- Provide grants management support to project directors by monitoring budgets and assisting with the evaluation and reporting processes.