Apply for Joliet Junior College Alumni Board of Directors
Apply online to be considered for the Alumni Board of Directors.
As an active participant you can:
- Help generate new and innovative ideas
- Help Joliet Junior College grow
- Network with other alumni
- Renew friendships with classmates and instructors
- Keep informed about alumni and college programs and activities
- Strengthen the Alumni Association through your involvement
- Support college issues that affect students and our community
2014 - 2015 Alumni Board of Directors
- Sondra Rankin, President
- Brian Thompson, Vice President
- Susan Torres, Treasurer
- Dena Schlunz, Secretary
- Sylvester Cottrell, Past President
- Jennifer Bernard
- Doug Brusatte
- Liripa Buki
- Ken Kroll
- Ramsey Mallory, Past President
- Dr. Judy Mitchell
- Doug Ostrem, Past President
- Dan Porterfield
- Paige Vanderhyden
- Ericka Williams
- Marie Wilson, Past President
Alumni Board of Directors Committees
- Develops, prepares and presents a slate of officers candidates to be presented to the full Alumni Board at the April meeting. Schedules and oversees the election of officers by the Board of Directors.
- Promotes and seeks nominations from Joliet Junior College alumni for the Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award and the Susan H. Wood Hall of Fame.
- Selects Distinguished Alumni Achievement awardees based on established criteria.
- Selects Susan H. Wood Hall of Fame awardees based on established criteria.
- Reviews Joliet Junior College Alumni Association Bylaws.
- Selects alumni endowed scholarship recipients.
- Works to create scholastic community representation opportunities for board members.
- Organizes opportunities for board members to assist JJC with the recruitment of prospective students.
- Helps spread the word that JJC offers a unique student-centered educational environment.
- Utilizes our working knowledge of the college and its programs to make us an invaluable resource to the college.
- Provides visible support from the Alumni Association to the current students of JJC.
- Attends student extracurricular activities (sporting events, theatre, music recitals, Brown Bag sessions, etc.)
- Attends on-campus student special events (Hispanic Heritage, Black History, etc.)